rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

General Stalin's Progress Thread

General Stalin's Progress Thread

Finished first week of Phase I yesterday and realizing I tweaked my shoulder squatting last week. Weird I know, but I low bar squat and wrenching my elbows up high to create a sufficient shelf for the bar must have over-extended my left shoulder rotation. Yesterday was all overhead/shoulder work so needless to say I'm icing my shoulder today. Hoping didn't do any real damage...

Squatting Wednesday.

@Balkan

This is just programming; my trainer is not present for my training sessions so the routine has nothing to do with his interaction. As for going heavier on the first sets - those weights on the initial 3x8's are ~73% and to be honest I struggled. The series of drop sets I did fine for all the workouts, but the 3x8 @ 73% to start off the workout was too much work for me - likely taking a couple weeks off may have had something to do with it.

Day 1 my squat 3x8 @ 205 was more like 3x6. Same with bench on Day 2 - I did 3x6 as I could not put up that weight effectively for 3x8. DL I was able to do the reps but not all touch and go - I set the weight down and reset every 4 reps.

@A2D

You're probably right - I'm not really gaining weight. I haven't weighed any higher than 194 - though to be fair I'm not being that consistent with my diet. I regularly under-eat, partially because I'm "eating clean" and it's a lot of work to get a lot of calories on a low-fat diet. I need to seriously work on getting into a more strict routine with my eating so I get consistent calorie/macro intake.

More calories and/or allowing more fat and carbs into my diet will be the next step.

Messages In This Thread