rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I move from DC to Salt Lake City?

Should I move from DC to Salt Lake City?

Quote: (04-25-2016 02:02 PM)Akula Wrote:  

does anyone here have any comment on the dry climate and lack of humidity in SLC (and the western US states mostly too)? Does it really start to "dry you out" and cause skin and/or sinus issues (I've heard you don't get allergies out there, but due to the dryness you can develop more sinus/breathing issues not sure why - true?).

Also every time I'm out west for a few weeks my skin gets dry and flaky pretty quick so just was wondering how much of an issue this is on a longer-term basis. Thx.

Mild/warm weather and dry climate is nowhere near as aggressive on your skin as east coast winter weather. One thing you have to watch out though is that with crystal clear skies from March to October, you get more UVs, and if you've got fair skin (as I do), being outdoors is an issue, especially midday. Sunscreen every time.

Nosebleeds will be more common if you live in a place like Phoenix, that's both super dry and scorching hot, but outside of that corner of the Southwest, you have milder climates.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Messages In This Thread