rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Minsk, Belarus Data Sheet:

Minsk, Belarus Data Sheet:

Quote: (04-08-2016 05:45 PM)Gopnik Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2016 10:14 AM)IDrinkYourMilkShake Wrote:  

I was in Belarus 2009 and from what you write Gopnik it sounds like things have changed. But it could also be that I spended a lot of time outside of Minsk in 2tier cities where the exotic factor where higher, and I managed to get in touch with alot of local guys who spoke english and people who invited me home and from there I got into social circles and got wingmen. But you are right, Belarus is a conservative country that you have to adjuste to. However I really like the warmth and sweet femeninity of the girls there, how they would walk with you arm by arm, laugh with you and help you with anything you asked. Russian (or belarusian) is really a advantage and a necessity to truly game the place, but didnt you encounter a lot of girls who spoke spanish? When i was there there where tons of them to fall back on your "ispanski" to communicate.

Oh, and how was the language course in general?

I definitely felt a strong exotic factor in Minsk, probably the highest I've ever experienced actually. Unfortunately, with my shit logistics and poor Russian language skills at the time, I couldn't materialise that initial interest in order to seal the deal. I did find Belarusian guys to be friendly once they found out I was Spanish. With more time and fluent Russian, it would be easy to make friends and establish a social circle. I did meet two girls there who spoke Spanish, I dated one of them a couple times, the other one I talked to briefly one day, she was working in a bike rental place but I couldn't number close. Apparently a lot of Belarusian kids in the 90s went on holidays to Spain and would spend the summer with a foster family to keep them away from the Chernobyl affected areas. However, other than these two girls I didn't meet any other spanish speakers unfortunately.

I was very pleased with the language course, the only downside I can think of was that some arab students really dragged the class down as they didn't seem to do any revision and some of them could barely read cyrillic (I was in the beginners group, there was another group for absolute beginners with no knowledge of Russian, these dudes should have been placed there instead). Generally speaking, the course is what you make of it, if you attend all the lessons, do the homework and revise at least 20-30 minutes each evening, you can make great progress in a relatively short period of time, specially if you also practice a lot with locals. I stayed in Minsk for 3 weeks but I'd recommend to study there for at least 2 months.

do you mean to "study" russian language course? If that's the case..where can we get more info?

thanks! [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread