rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Reflections On The Loss Of Germany's Cultural Legacy

Reflections On The Loss Of Germany's Cultural Legacy

I decided to make this a separate post as I don't want to pollute the European Invasion thread which has already grown to over 300 pages:

As some of you know I spent some time of my early life in Germany - admittedly it was a lifetime ago. Since then quite a lot has changed and as you may imagine much of it has been for the worse, especially in recent years. The country I now read about has little to do with the place I remember from my youth. However it's not what I want to focus on in this thread. Instead I would like to highlight something else, something a lot more concerning, and unfortunately much more permanent. And that is the implications of the permanent loss of German cultural heritage and the genocide of the German people.

It has always saddened me that since WW2 Germany is mainly being associated with the twelve year period that spanned Adolf Hitler's reign and the resulting 3rd Reich. It is a historical dark stain on your country's soul which every German carries for the remainder of his/her life.

However few people around the world realize that before the two world wars and even during the 1920s Germany was rather famous for its art, its classical and contemporary music, its films were groundbreaking (e.g. Fritz Lang), and its cities were extremely rich and beautiful. It also produced many brilliant authors, most of whom have now been forgotten or are considered 'uncool' since they were, well... Germans. I bet that a significant number of you have never heard of Schiller, Goethe, Thomas Mann, Hermann Hesse, Süskind, Brecht, the list goes on and on...

German philosophers basically ruled the 18th and 19th century and had a huge impact on Western culture. Once again the list is long but I'm sure some of you have heard of Kant, Hegel, Marx (yes - he was German - sorry), the existentialist Nietzsche, Leibniz, Wittgenstein, Heidegger, etc. etc.

What truly concerns me is what the world will lose if we are forced to watch Germany being overrun by rabid Islamist fanatics. Quite frankly the thought of that cultural treasure being destroyed and eventually forgotten in time horrifies me. We simply cannot allow for this to happen. In order for Germany to survive - in whatever shape or form we need to assure that its cultural legacy somehow survives.

I leave you with this. It's one of my favorite pieces and if it doesn't touch your soul then you probably don't have one ;-)

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Messages In This Thread