rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any GPs on the forum?

Any GPs on the forum?

$400,000 + three months holidays a year post on an island in New Zealand. Nobody wants it due to lack of infrastructure. I'd snap it up in a second. Great access to Asia for a single man.

Link

Quote:Quote:

A rural GP in New Zealand is offering a $400,000 (£190,000) annual income to try to attract a medic to share his work burden – but after two years of searching the position remains unfilled.

The GP – originally recruited from the UK – told the New Zealand Herald his practice has “exploded”, but he is overworked and has repeatedly had to cancel holidays because of the difficulty of finding a replacement or locum doctor.

“I can offer them a really, really amazing income; it’s incredible. My practice has exploded in the last year and the more patients you list, the more money you get. But it just gets too much at the end of the day.”

As well as the hefty salary, Kenny is offering the right applicant three months’ annual leave, no night or weekend work – and a half share in the practice, which has 6000 patients on its books. But despite the generous conditions he has had no applications in four months.

“I love my work and I would like to stay but I hit my head against a brick wall trying to attract doctors,” Kenny told the Herald.

Reynolds said contributing factors to the rural GP shortage were isolation, lack of schooling options and social activities, and poor access to broadband networks.

Messages In This Thread