rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Canada Political Thread

The Canada Political Thread

Quote: (02-19-2016 10:30 PM)QuietDog Wrote:  

If Kevin O'Leary goes for the Conservative Leadership and wins it could really shake up Canadian politics. He could definitely help the conservatives win back a lot of the fiscally conservative leaning small l liberals and I would think he'd keep the traditional Tory base locked down, not like they'd vote for anyone else. If Trump gets the Republican nomination and his general campaign gets rolling well, I bet he'll go for it. A lot of the 'sick of government incompetence' sentiment Trump is tapping into in the States exists up here too and he'd get an effective gameplan to follow from The Don.

Except there is a very revealing comment in that MacLean's interview (thanks for posting the link btw):

Quote:Kevin O'Leary Wrote:

There’s no need to build walls in Canada. We’re a very inclusive society. We’re very proud of it, every Canadian feels that way, you don’t have to debate that mandate. There’s a populist movement afoot [in the U.S.] . . . that he’s tapped into that doesn’t exist in Canada.

That's pretty presumptuous of Mr. O'Leary, and wrong. I'm one Canadian counter-example. I didn't like when Rona Ambrose said Trump's views aren't welcome in her Conservative party and I don't like this comment by O'Leary. These snotty Laurentian elites need to figure out that they can't make something true about Canadians just by saying it out loud and then declaring the debate settled. And I suspect O'Leary knows what he's saying isn't true and he is, in fact, attempting to shape Canadian public opinion by stating it in a cucked out MSM outlet like MacLean's. I'm really getting sick and tired of these elites telling us that debates are settled. If they're so damn confident in their opinions then they need to have the courage to debate them.

No Mr. O'Leary, this debate is not settled. Close Canada's borders. We don't want any rapefugees. And those of us raising young daughters will fight you ferociously on this issue. We have a God-given right to do so, and we will assert that right.

Fuck Kevin O'Leary. He's a cuck. Fuck him and Rona Ambrose. Being a conservative is not just about cutting taxes and these snobs need to learn that.

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president."

- Ann Coulter

Team ∞D Chess

Messages In This Thread