rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Southern Africa (South Africa, Namibia, Zambia and Botswana) Trip report

Southern Africa (South Africa, Namibia, Zambia and Botswana) Trip report

Quote: (01-09-2010 04:19 PM)Whoremonger Wrote:  

Dont go to SA to game women. You are wasting your time as they are conservative and defensive. The African women will be easier because they are poorer, but HIV rates are over 25% in some areas, clocking 40% in Natal.

You're right about the HIV rate in South Africa, but I have to say that I really think that Africa and African women get a VERY unfair rap because of the whole HIV thing--it's this horrible stereotype that people just assume is true and applies to all of Africa, and they don't even bother to check it out to see what the deal is (note: I'm not African, I'm white and from Texas, but I like black girls so I got curious about this a while ago and did a bit of research).

For example, I heard good things about the chicks in Ghana, and of course one of the first things that came to mind was "AIDS!", but I checked with the CIA World Fact Book (my preferred country research tool--I normally like Wikipedia for most stuff, but for getting research on specific countries I prefer the CIA's WFB better because EVERY single country is organized identically with all the same information, unlike wikipedia, which makes finding the info you want SO much easier) and saw that the HIV rate for Ghana was only 1.9% (look under "People" and scroll down)--this is VERY low, relatively speaking, for Africa (it's 0.6% in the U.S., for comparison). Kenya is only about 3%, Niger is even lower at 0.8%, and Lebanon is at an astounding 0.1%, amongst the lowest in the world.

Of course, there are countries in Africa that have alarmingly high HIV rates like Swaziland (the highest in the world at 26.1%) and South Africa (#4 worldwide at 18.1%). Plus, the majority of HIV cases, regardless of country, are isolated in the rural areas, not the cities (typically).

Point is that you need to do your homework before you make any decisions. Just thought I'd throw that out there, especially for you guys who like darker ladies [Image: smile.gif]

You can see the CIA WFB's list of countries ordered by HIV rate from highest to lowest here if you're interested: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications...5rank.html

Messages In This Thread