rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Data sheet : Georgetown - Guyana

Data sheet : Georgetown - Guyana

Standard Data Sheet. – Georgetown - Guyana

City Overview :
Georgetown is a real third world country capital. Everything is old, dirty and beat up in the center. It might be a culture shock for first time visitors. There are little modern structures and most buildings are made of wood because of the soft soil/ground. The city center is walkable and easy to navigate.

Girls : 4/10 I have to rate the girls very low, the average girl in the street is a pitch black and out of shape. Most girls are big breasted but also have bellies and wide hips. The faces were bothering me the most, there were a few hot girls in clubs but they were hard to find.

Sight seeing : All places of interest non pick up

-The Stabroek market. A big hall with little shops of a all kinds and a outside fruit and vegetable market. I bought a big can of Bob Marleys anti-stress drink here.
-St George Cathedral – said to be the world’s tallest wooden building
-Parliament building, next to Stabroek market
For me the biggest sightseeing attraction were the center streets filled with black people, it gives you the feeling that you are walking around in Africa.

Lodging :

-The YMCA is the cheapest option. Dorms for 10 US dollar.
-Rockies bar and hotel – 15 US dollar a night. This is where I stayed, it’s a dump. I had a small room with bathroom. Toilet broken, sometimes no water, I threw a 2 inch roach out of my room. Loud music from afternoon till 3am. The bar is a hookerbar. No problems bringing girls.
-The Sleepinn – 50 dollars a night, has proper rooms and wifi. Ask about bringing girls here
-Lots of 25 to 40 dollars options.
-The blue wave – No info on prices but it’s a hotel owned by 1980’s Guyanese music star Eddy Grant
-Cara lodge – 100 dollars a night and up

Day game spots :
-Not much to daygame here, girls are unactractive and its hard to find to find a good looking girl.
-City mall – A very small 3 story mall with small shops, walking past every shop takes less than 10 minutes. Have to be lucky to find a chick there.

Nightlife spots :

-Sherrif street – A street with bars and clubs but I didn’t see many open on Thursday, mostly hooker bars.
-Baroomba bar – Cover 3.5 US. P4P bar with lots of Venezuelan girls and lots of other nationalities. I dont prefer hookers so I didn’t went in there.
-Liquid vibe – cover 10 US, I went to this brand new club on Friday and on opening weekend. It’s a proper club but there was almost no one there except lots of dudes. Might be a booming place in the future.
-Palm court – cover 15 US, went there on Friday. Pricy but excellent place to go. Bad guy/girl ratio but most guys are just standing around looking at girls.
-The Edge – cover 10 US, high end place for the richer crowd. Lots of Indians here. I was drunk as fuck so didn’t do jackass inside. I approached one set of Indian girls which went ok but no pull.
-Seawall, on Sunday most people sit around on the long seawalls/dikes. I went there with a Guyanese friend but didn’t feel safe enough to approach girls. Lots of poor, dangerous looking guys in large groups around. Only for the brave.

Ease of approaching :
-Guyana has no language barrier because everyone speaks English, it might be difficult to understand due to the Caribbean accent. Bad girl to guy ratio but most guys are beta and just standing around. All clubs are standing up places. High bitch shields towards foreigners.

Prices and other stuff :
-Phone cards and texting are dirt cheap
-1 US dollar = 200 Guyanese dollar. Scotiabank ATM for foreign cards on Robb street (haha)
-Lots of Chinese restaurants around for a cheap meal. 3.5 US for a giant plate of rice with chicken/pork.
-Decent restaurants charge 15 US and up, hard to find.
-There’s a KFC and a Pizzahut. No Mac Donalds.
-Pack of Cigarettes – 1.30 US for a pack of Pall Mall
-Drinks – A small beer in a club costs 2.5 US dollar. Mixed drinks and cocktails 4 dollars and up
-P4P – from 30 US and up. Probably cheaper on the street. ( might include several diceases)
-Lots of knockoff shoes,clothing and dvd’s

Logistics :
-There are 0.35 US minivans all over the city. Hard to figure out.
-The city center is most walkable
-Taxi – Most rides inside the cites cost between 2 and 4 US dollar. Be careful and take the yellow cabs.

Safety :
-Georgetown is an third world city and an unsafe place after dark, don't walk alone and take a (yellow) taxi. Do not show any valuables in public. Be careful for pickpockets and when using the ATM. Don't use the ATM after dark.
-Don't wander off in back alleys even during the day. I wouldn’t trust any girls in hooker bars or of the street when clearly poor looking.
-People will ask you for money a lot, a simple no will do but watch your pockets. Girls at hooker bars are pushy and will ask you for drinks straight up.
-Take taxi’s after sundown, even if it’s a half a mile walk.
-Don't go to the seawall on Sundays after midnight and especially NOT alone.
- I saw 3 motorcycle accidents and giant bar brawl with a gun shot in front of my room. You have to be pretty hardcore for a country like this, If you are an inexperienced traveler do NOT go to Georgetown, you WILL get in trouble.

Overall pros and cons :

Pros : Its cheap and a whole different world in Latin America. The interior of the country is beautiful.
Cons : Its dangerous after dark and for foolish people, not many hot girls around.

Personal experience :
-I stayed in rockies bar which is a Brazilian bar/hotel/hooker place. They played loud Brazilian music all afternoon and night, Most girls are ugly there. I’m not interested in Ho’s so after a while they stop asking you for drinks and money. Some girls asked me for food. I didn’t get laid in Georgetown which quite surprised me. I went out to Liquid vibe club on Friday night but it was opening weekend, I expected people to check out the new club but it was kinda dead around 11.30pm so I left to Palm court and had to pay another cover. I approached 7 sets of girls who all burned me. It might have been due to a few obnoxious American holidaymakers who were drunk and giving tourists a bad name. Maybe the are not into my long haired rock star look. The eight approach went well and I danced with 4 girls, at one point at the same times, 4 girls grinding on me. In dance hall dancing things get crazy. I had one girl stand on her hands, wrapping her legs around me and high speed bouncing on my dick. Like a wheelbarrow. With another girl I banged my dick on the butt for several minutes on the beats of the music while the girl was bent over. I kissed one of the girls and her hand went down my pants. I couldn’t pull her because her friends cockblocked me a bit and she left with her friends. Never saw her again. Danced with a drunk chubby girl. Also bumping and grinding her ass on me. Pissed of her male friend/orbiter and they left. Next night I went out to Club the Edge but was too drunk because I tried out the local 69% rum called High Wine and drank quite a lot of beer. On Sunday to Seawall but it felt to dangerous to approach girls there even though I was there with a local friend.
-
-Full story will appear on my site in about half a year

Final Thoughts : If you are in the neighborhood I would advice to check Guyana/Georgetown out but only for experienced travelers. Bring some spending money and go for the weekend. Go to Palm court both nights. Skip The Edge because it’s a too much upscale place with lots of rich but beta Indians. And it cant be said enough be very careful there after dark.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Messages In This Thread