rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nutrition / Diet Suggestions for Kaii

Nutrition / Diet Suggestions for Kaii

I've been helping Kaii with a Beginner 6 month workout plan tailored to the specific equipment he has available in his home, initially-focused on weight loss and muscle growth rather than strength. The other four goals for this six month period were: to learn correct form and the ability to isolate; to increase growth hormone and testosterone production; to re-programme the motor units so the nervous system adapts more quickly; and, obviously, correct dietary change to keep him fuelled and growing without him feeling hungry.

I'd called in a personal favour from a trainer mate for the diet side of things, but he hasn't delivered. As I've mentioned in the past, my own diet is very specifically-tailored around my allergies to both egg and milk due to a genetic defect at birth. I've been monitoring my diet for at least 24 years now to the total exclusion of both of these, meaning a lot of my substitutions are expensive, or involve the Dreaded Soy, which hasn't decreased my T-Levels, as of yet. (To some degree, I don't really know what Normal People eat anymore, other than it generally looks like unhealthy crap full of empty kilojoules).

Would anyone be interested in stepping up and offering nutritional and dietary advice for a normal system? He has access to and can afford fresh food. As he's an American, focus on Calories.

Remember, don't take him too far, too quickly. He's a Beginner. Don't dump him under a tonne of information meant for Advanced Bodybuilders. He needs to be properly-grounded in the basics of a training diet, before he gets into the realm of extensive supplementation.

Don't shred him yet. Whilst his goal is to eventually be Big and Lean, I see that as a Long Term Goal better addressed after the first initial year of training. Think Lose Weight, Add Size for now.

His stats and what he's initially doing so you know what to address:

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 262 (down from 300)
Weight lifting experience: beginner

Since the Initial Goals of this period are best addressed by Whole Body Training, he'll be doing that for the initial 12 weeks, three days a week. He'll move up to Split Training 4 days a week after that.

Weeks 1-4 are about initial training of the nervous system: 8 exercises, a mix of compound and isolation movements, 3 Sets x15 reps, focus on correct form to avoid injury and maximise results, and mastering isolation where necessary.

Weeks 5-8 are about adding volume and variety to the training: adding another 8 exercises on top of the initial 8, new exercises are 2 Sets x15 reps, 2x12-15 reps for the old, 15 for calves and abs, focus as before.

Weeks 9-12 are about targeting all the muscle fibres in a group within a week, by adding another 8 exercises into the mix, but doing three different 8 exercise programmes a week, . Sets are increased to 4 for each exercise, reps are dropped to 10-12, but a fixed target of 12 for the final day each week, calves and abs remain at 15, focus as before.

This should have him ready for Split Training by Week 13.

Hopefully, that's enough background for anyone who is interested in helping. It'd be much appreciated.

Messages In This Thread