rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is being naturally biased against womens' advice/help/philosophies normal?

Is being naturally biased against womens' advice/help/philosophies normal?

I'll try my best to explain this weird situation I have in my mind..

Whenever I feel the need to validate an opinion of mine or even look up some information on a subject, my brain automatically starts to look at the sources of this information.(E.g male or female)/The style of the information/How professional do they look etc. With that noted, 8 or 9 times out 10 I will discredit a woman if she is speaking about the subject I'm curious about.

I'll give you a few examples. As of right now I'm starting to learn some basic HTML/CSS, and we all know Youtube in the last couple of years has become a good resource for learning about any sort of topic/field. As I come across helpful videos on the subject I naturally will think "How the fuck will this woman know anything?" and start to move on, even if the video could contain a wealth of info and she could be very intelligent (My opinion is that if a woman is programming then she must have done a good job suppressing her emotions and boosting her analytical brain.(Even in the video she was talking a bit on the emotional side but the info was really good too)

I'm starting to think that I have this natural bias against women in general, possibly due to the fact that I find it hard to take them seriously. Any opinion on a serious topic I hear or see, my brain will put up this invisible brick wall to reinforce the idea that woman are stupid.

It's something I'm trying to wrap my head around. It's as if my ego says "oh here we fucking go and I'm standing there with my arms folded waiting for some spiel to be released from her mouth"(Usually the conversation is filled with "like,like,like,uhm,yeah,uhm,i dunno like"), you get the picture? But we all know that this is a bit crazy to think like this, yet at the same time my brain remembers' that women are feeble child like adults and I should take these things with a grain of salt.

I'm inclined more to listen to a man talking about the subject because he'll be logically straightforward. My mother is quite rational and isn't all over the place like women today, so I don't discount every single thing a woman says, It's just this sort of strange conflict I have in my mind which I think is hurting my relationships with women.

But where do I draw the line between thinking I should pursue listening to this woman (logically and rationally) versus cutting the cord sooner because I know that whatever she is saying is useless to me? Is this part of the red pill I've just discovered? I started reading this forum when I was 17 [Image: sleepy.gif]

Messages In This Thread