rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Get Rich

How To Get Rich

Quote: (01-20-2016 03:22 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2016 02:20 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2016 12:59 PM)H1N1 Wrote:  

10mm USD is roughly the price of an actual rich guy's 2nd or 3rd home that he uses twice a year for a couple of weeks of holiday.

If you think this, you have a very unrealistic perception of rich people or classify rich as billionaires, celebrities and heirs to large fortunes.

Can you state your perception of what "rich" means then? Seeing as you've criticized multiple people for their definitions including myself.

It's beating a dead horse to criticize others of what their definitions of this word means. It is literally as productive as saying a girl I perceive to be a 10/10 to be your 8.5/10, completely pointless.

It's all relative.

Here's Felix Dennis' scale:

$2-4 million: The comfortable poor
$4-10 million: The comfortably off
$10-30 million: The comfortably wealthy
$30-80 million: The lesser rich
$80-150 million: The comfortably rich
$150-200 million: The rich
$200-400 million: The seriously rich
$400-800 million: The truly rich
$800 million - $1.998 billion: The filthy rich
$1.998 billion and Above: The super rich

Personally I agree with lavidaloca that second and third homes are not in the 10M+ range. I am guilty of owning a few places and being in them for just a few weeks a year. Once you get above a certain size you need real staff (more than just 1 or 2 people) to maintain the place. I'm sure there are people at my net worth that own multiple 10M+ homes, it just seems like a time waster to me. How people choose to spend what they have is very individual. There are very wealthy people (i.e. Buffet) that live very modestly. Quite a bit of the wealth you see flaunted on TV is more advertisement than reality.

I haven't seen the Felix Dennis scale of wealth before. It's strange in that it's very skewed toward the top. The last category has just around 1000 people in it. Out of 7 billion people on Earth, that seems like too small of a group to be a useful metric.

The reality in the US is:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-am...2015-10-06

If you are unhappy when you are poor, you are very likely to still be unhappy when you are wealthy. I think a more useful goal for people is to become income independent. Have enough saved and invested to be able to live how you like live anywhere in the world. You can continue working if you like, but you won't have the stress of knowing you have to work.

What I enjoy doing the most: playing poker with my friends, scuba diving, traveling, volunteer work etc. are all low cost. After a certain amount of money, it's ability to make you happier goes away. Just my 2c.

Messages In This Thread