rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Careers and back to the 'real world'?

Careers and back to the 'real world'?

Quote: (01-19-2016 04:30 PM)Pareto Wrote:  

Or you could re-train yourself in a different career area? Some jobs require industry-related examination passes, and these can be wholly completed in 2 years (or the first part in 6 months - it all depends on how quickly you're willing to learn). There are some good paying jobs out there in the world of finance that you can get into with this sort of thing (some of them are hugely commission-based with very long hours, but hey it's money), hence why that's my backup plan if I fail to secure a graduate job at uni

Such as? I am fairly intelligent and I have some school certifications but I am not interested in shelling out 30k to go back to school and 'waste' a couple of years. I don't know what skills or certifications are needed for a 'finance' job. I will look around for a mentor to help me in this search.

@262, there is no field that really interests me. I've had success in coaching youth sport but it's not mainstream enough for there to be real career options in Canada or the world.

I feel like I am 'behind' when it comes to skills and contacts in the real world. I don't have the time or resources to crank out a STEM degree so what certifications can I chase? Should I really start looking into trades/IT? They don't 'fit' me.

I am trying to figure out my skills and go from there.

Messages In This Thread