rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone on here had spinal fusion?

Has anyone on here had spinal fusion?

Quote: (01-17-2016 12:27 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

You're not going to be a couch potato.

I've had a bilateral fusion for many years, L4-S1"

You'll never lift the same, I used to deadlift 500lbs for reps, now I only do half that and don't plan to ever go any higher. Same with squats. I use light weight and high reps. Not a big deal.

Some differences will be that your biggest worries are going to be flying in an airplane or taking a long car ride. I always take a pain killer when I get on a plane. I'm usually the one on the plane that's smiling.

You'll never sit in a booth in a restaurant again, it puts too much pressure on your spine and hurts like hell, you'll ask for a table with a chair.

Waking up every mornings is a real pain in the ass until you get blood flowing again. If you can jump right out of bed and get in a hottub with a cup of coffee, you'll have it made. This gives you a perfect reason to buy a house in Colombia with a hottub in your bedroom and a few naked Latinas.

I was out of the hospital the day after my surgery and walking around the house. Recovery time was maybe a month.

Do I regret it -- No.

Goodluck

Hmm, encouraging and discouraging at the same time I guess. [Image: confused.gif]

Thanks for responding [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread