rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shorting the Chinese Currency

Shorting the Chinese Currency

Anyone know how feasible this is? My feeling is this is something only hedge fund managers who can put up massive collateral and create specialized investment instruments can do. But if not, would anyone care to share how to go about doing this?

Global demand for manufactured goods has been anemic recently, and it's hurting the Chinese economy. In the past decade, China has expanded their balance sheet by trillions of dollars, many times the size of their economy, and much higher than their foreign exchange reserves. They're seeing an uptick in their non performing loans and they won't be able to defend their currency; they'll be forced to devalue more.

In my opinion, one of the most intelligent hedge fund managers out there is Kyle Bass. He correctly predicted the housing bubble, the devaluation of the Japanese Yen, and now he's positioning to short the Yuan. I'd like to get in on this trade if I can. Anyone else have a take on this?

Messages In This Thread