rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dresscode for investment banking interview

Dresscode for investment banking interview

I realize I'm a few days late to the party, but I'll pitch in my two cents. The bottom line is lean minimalist and everything should look like a solid from a glance at 20 feet away (keep the details DETAILS).

FITTED suit if you can't afford tailored like most entry-level guys - as in you should have a tailor work it over so it sits like a tailored suit. Solid color (navy, dark gray) or fine pinstripe.

No trouser cuffs on your pants. They're not in with the under 45 crowd in finance. When in doubt stay more classic.

Likewise, rarely if ever see younger finance guys with braces. A conservative belt with a smaller gold or silver buckle is fine. If people can guess the brand of your belt from its look, it's not the belt for the interview. No cowboy buckles, no ostentatious LV / Hermes, etc.

White shirt (FITTED), finely patterned tie - it should look like a solid (or at least just a chunky weave) from 20 feet away. You could get away with a fine pinstripe shirt but when in doubt, solid white. No Hermes ties before you get hired. Save the flashier stuff for later. No button down collar. White or no pocket square. Most people save their pocket squares for the after party.

You can do socks with a little panache as long as they are dark and match your suit - funky socks are indeed worn on Wall Street to add style but save them for a few months into your job.

Shoes - nothing that hasn't been said. Leather, shiny without looking like those military dress shoes and nothing that crossed over from running shoes.

When in doubt, lean minimalist.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Messages In This Thread