rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deep friendships / Friendship groups

Deep friendships / Friendship groups

Quote:Beyond Borders Wrote:

-snip-
[Image: potd.gif]

Damn.. how am I supposed to follow that?

But seriously, what BB wrote rings true. You don't need someone to be a carbon copy of you in order for them to be a good friend. The important thing is that they respect you, concern for your well being, and their loyalty. I have 3 close friends, all of whom couldn't be any more different to me or each other. At various times I've gone through rough spots and needed a friend to get me out of a rut, and they've always been there. I've done the same for them at various times, and that's how I know I can count on them.

I also have to second what Peregrine wrote about it being easiest to find a close friend when they're also lacking a social group. Out of the three friends I wrote about above, one of them I met during an awkward time in HS, another when we were newcomers at college, and another when we were newcomers at the workplace.

As people get older their priorities change, so it's always going to be hard to maintain close friendships. People get married and stop hanging out with the guys, people move away for work, you get the idea. After people reach a certain age, they usually get settled in their group and don't look to make new friends. It is what it is.

Also, if anyone is ever passing through Philly and wants to grab a beer, shoot me a PM.

Messages In This Thread