rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another depression thread

Another depression thread

Quote: (12-09-2015 01:13 AM)LINUX Wrote:  

You need to sell everything you own, strip everything away in your life that holds you back and start from scratch. Pack you up a few suit cases and get on a plane or Greyhound to Boulder Colorado. I'll help you get a small apartment here, buy yourself a bicycle and use that for transportation, get yourself a gym membership, take the bus to snowboard/ski on the weekend. Maybe find you a part time job at the coffee shop. Spend 350 days a year in the sunshine. I'll help you as much as I can.

Or you can keep complaining about how much life sucks. I feel for you because I was in your shoes after I got back from war. I was at the end of my rope. I did the exact same thing I am telling you to do. I sold everything I own and drove from Alabama to Colorado and reinvented my life. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments when I'm down but I have one hell of a fucking life. I only sleep alone when I want to and I have hundreds of friends that I can call on when I need them. If I was still stuck in the trailer park in Alabama, I would never have those things.

Unless you make a drastic change in your life, I have feeling you'll keep living in the shadows.

I've been doing this for year, moving from place to place. I own nothing, it hasn't made things better. The scenery isn't a problem, it's me

Quote: (12-09-2015 07:05 AM)malakaix Wrote:  

And for those in your life who suggest that relocating is simply running away from your problems, ignore them. People vastly under-estimate the difference a change in environment can do for a man determined to change his life.

Other people aren't saying it, I am because it was just me running away for years

Messages In This Thread