rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deep friendships / Friendship groups

Deep friendships / Friendship groups

Quote: (12-08-2015 03:42 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Here's another thing about making friends. If you want to build a friendship with someone new, you've got to be able to tune out the world for a minute. When you meet up with a new acquaintance, do you just run from club to club looking for a target-rich environment where you can hit on club sluts?

Sure, that's fun, but it doesn't leave much time for actually getting to know each other, does it?

I think a lot of guys who struggle to make friends aren't taking the time to slow down and just kick back and bullshit and let the world pass on by. So you've got to ask yourself - are you the one who is always cutting the conversation short to hurry along to the next venue? Are you the one with his head buried in his phone, texting with the latest crop of girls and running off to the next date or bang? As I said, I've met a lot of guys here, and I can assure quite a few definitely are.

Or are you willing to set the phone down for a minute and just kick back in a dead restaurant or bar or over the barbecue or on a hike in the mountains without worrying what all the other people in the world are doing? Again, some of you definitely are.

See, anyone can run around slamming shots with you all night and chasing pussy, but if you run into someone who can sit around all night with you smoking shisha or sipping beers and just talking about everything and nothing - and there are a lot more out there than you think if you yourself can slow down enough to pay attention to the person who's sitting right in front of you - and they're not a sleazy person who uses others, you've run into someone that at least has the potential to become a friend for life. So pay attention to them for a second.

[Image: potd.gif]

So many people, including many on our forum, struggle with this concept.

True friendship takes effort and time. Lonely guys think they just need to learn how to fuck girls, make money, be confident and "interesting", and then loyal, caring friends will just magically appear.

If you don't have friends and can find a guy or group that you connect with, please, drop any other extracurricular activities and put in effort to be around these people as much as possible. Outside of inner game/loving yourself, meaningful relationships with friends and family are the second most important thing to have in your life. Dedicate time to finding solid friends just like you would to hitting the gym or growing a career.

Messages In This Thread