rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another depression thread

Another depression thread

Have you thought about what's the big difference between now and when this started? Did you have a group of close friends from childhood that you've since lost contact with as a result of your travels, and now you're finding it difficult to find someone you can connect with?

I wonder if this has anything to do with jumping too far and too fast into the game community. Not all of the advice is helpful for people with certain personalities. I've seen advice like "Get rid of your close friends, they're beta and just gonna drag you down." Which might be true for some, but for others, they'll be losing close friends that they disagree with on some issues but overall they can trust.

Like most things, there will always be guys who will play on your insecurities to get you to buy stuff. They'll try to convince you that you're a beta/delta/gamma/whatever, but if you buy their product then you can overcome your current loser status. Some guys take those labels to heart, and it eats away at their self esteem. To them it's counterproductive, and they take on an artificial personality or chase goals given to them by someone else that doesn't understand what makes that them happy.

I knew a guy who was deep into RSD stuff and he was one of the most obnoxious people I've ever met. He was constantly trying to talk over people, AMOG, interjecting himself into your conversation with your woman. Rather than making him a more complete person, his life seemed emptier than when I first met him.

I love what game has done for my life. I have a deeper understanding of what motivates people, and I can enjoy my interactions more as a result. But I wish I had ignored some of the advice from the more in-your-face programs in my early days. Ultimately you have to understand what makes you happy, and sometimes the path that others have set for you isn't the way towards it. I would second Pheonix here. Have the changes in your life brought you closer, or further away from happiness?

Messages In This Thread