rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another depression thread

Another depression thread

As I've grown older, I've realised that one of my beliefs about life has been spot on - and that is that people who do work they love tend to be way more happier than people who don't even if the latter have more riches.

I was just talking to this super rich guy in my gym who owns an industrail empire in my city. He told me he felt his life is shit and that he's always bored out of his mind. He feels like all the effort that he put in to set up his business was just a waste of time as it did not yield the perosonal benefits he thought it would.

Things around us change very quickly. So depending on anything but yourself is a recipe for disaster. Having a purpose and doing something you love to do gets back the control in your hands.

I can say this because ever seince I started my photography business last year, I've never been happier.

The thing with work is that it's something like eating, it HAS to be done. So why not choose something that comes naturally to you.

So many of my MBA colleagues are earning way more than me but are absolutely miserable with their lives.

The root of depression is usually an indicatior that you are not living the life that comes naturally to you. You are living for the future, not the present.

I see so many people even on this forum talking about sacrificing the present so you can X amount of cash in the bank.

For me, this 'sacrifice' mindset is what leads to depression.

I love my work so much that every morning I too struggle to shower and shave, but for a different reason - because I just can;t wait to go to my favorite cafe, open my laptop and get to work.

This happiness has seeped into other areas of my life and Im in the best shape that I have ever been.

So my advice to you would be to find work that will bring you joy. Find a dream that fills you with passion, no matter how awkward it seems. Mark Manson the blogger started off his career with cousnelling men who were shy in dating and now he's one of the top most bloggers out there.

The key to loving your life is to love what you DO on a daily basis.

Messages In This Thread