rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another depression thread

Another depression thread

Quote: (12-07-2015 01:18 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

^ I agree with OP that that is shithouse advice. Damn, if I believed that life was about suffering I'd probably consider offing myself too.

Depression is a signal that you're doing something wrong in your life, or failing to do something fundamental. Thus its boldily purpose is to compel you to rectify that.

Note the very action of the OP - depressed people often go online and ask these questions to help discover the path out of their depression, and they often post background information to help others with their suggestions. Frankly, saying "just accept that life is suffering" is absolutely disgusting.

Exiting depression is not a medical issue, as OP has become aware. Doctors like to treat it as such because of their pervasive moral failings.

Exiting depression is a case of either discovering the root cause of the depression (through introspection and asking others etc) and then fixing, attaining or dismantling that; or it is a case of just making massive life changes in attempt to re-land in a better place.

Those are pretty strong words. Maybe you feel that way because you're attached to the idea life should be a bowl of cherries. You wouldn't be alone in that. Just look at how advertising sells happiness and freedom. Those ideas wouldn't sell so well if people weren't so attached to them.

Paradoxically letting go of one's attachment to their demand for happiness can actually bring some about.

Life is like a cosmic comedy and if you look at comedy it's all founded on suffering, exposing the gap between expectations (demands) and reality.

One could say, "Why does suffering have to exist?" Well, if it didn't, there would be no comedy.

Once you catch yourself in the moment of your suffering and see how it's being caused by your own demand life be your way, and also how to have it that way is impossible because of contradictory requirements, you very well might start laughing your ass off about it all.

That may sound horrible for some, but I've found it's where real freedom and happiness are.

Messages In This Thread