rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Depression making me feel hopeless about life

Depression making me feel hopeless about life

Quote: (12-04-2015 02:46 PM)Centurion Wrote:  

Quote: (12-04-2015 04:42 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

We do not know what the state of this guys mind really is, we do not know which approach he needs. He absolutely needs to see someone about this, sooner rather than later. We can give him some good advice, but he needs more than that.

OP, I urge you to go get some professional help.

And to everyone else- If someone you care about calls late night, answer the phone no matter what. It's a regret I will have for the rest of my life.

Hopefully I don't kill myself. But being there myself it's pretty much moods swinging back and forth, and being "possessed" by depression at a critical moment that might make you pull the trigger.

Already have seen a therapist for a year. Basically we've been talking about our life, I go once a fortnight. I don't know how much it's helping.

In that case it may be time to look for someone else to see. I'm surprised the therapist has not yet taken a different approach, either he/she is under the false impression there has been progress (possible/likely) or they're not too concerned about that. I'd ask him/her at the next visit what the goals are and what is the next step, as you don't feel much different.

Don't make the mistake, which comes natural, of wanting to please them and say you're doing better than you really are. Be honest. That's the only way they can know that something different needs to be done.

If a year in with this person hasn't done much for you then it might be a good idea to seek someone else out if you don't get the answers you want when you ask where this is going. Don't listen to those that say medication should be avoided at all costs, in some cases it is the correct action to take. Obviously it's preferable to not have to, but sometimes thats the best way to treat it, at least initially. It's a better alternative to ending up somewhere far worse. You have to realize it's a medical issue, and it needs to be treated like any other. You can get better.

Question- Do you experience 'pain' in your head either generally or when you're feeling especially bad, in a way that's difficult to describe?

Americans are dreamers too

Messages In This Thread