rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Depression making me feel hopeless about life

Depression making me feel hopeless about life

Centurion, I know this is nearly cliche advice but I didn't see it mentioned yet in the thread (apologies if I missed)- are there any decent MMA/Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing gyms around you? I went through a period in my life where a lot of friends moved away, and the new friendships I developed have felt superficial/flaky/etc. I was also in rough shape financially as the economy tanked in 08-09 (i was in real estate), so I was in low spirits. I joined a good BJJ gym and a lot of that turned around - confidence boost, camaraderie, and motivation to get in shape. Lifting is great as others have alluded to - but by itself it won't address the social isolation. Being in a competitive environment adds a new motivation to physical fitness/lifting - you aren't just lifting to look good for girls, you are getting in shape to win over your opponents. Especially when you are 19 and your body can recover quicker than ever, now is the time to get into that. I started training at 27 and while it's great I did, I would have definitely started earlier if I had it to do over.

Oh yeah and as others have mentioned - deactivate your FB account. The negatives outweigh the positives for you at this point.

Messages In This Thread