rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dresscode for investment banking interview

Dresscode for investment banking interview

Quote: (12-04-2015 06:18 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

Your shirt should be white. Black shirts are for sex offenders, don't wear them with a suit (or ever).

Two types of men wear black shirts:

[Image: oswaldmoseley-tl.jpg]
and
[Image: oven-and-shaker-bartender.jpg]

Strictly white is a bit OOT, though. At least in Britain and her ex-colonies, some flair is followed in a button-down shirt:

[Image: Striped_1.jpg]

I wouldn't knock yourself out, sky-blue is a pretty safe foray into colour.

I never cease to chuckle at the interview dress code advice that proliferates on the internet seeking to strip everything from a suit that makes it what it is. I wouldn't go nuts with the bow ties and waistcoats, but Americans in particular seem to get finicky over ribbons of silk that hold up your trousers or bits of linen that peek out of your breast pocket.

Wear your braces and pocket square with pride. Anyone petty enough to get uptight by their presence shouldn't be fit to be interviewing you in the first place.

You wouldn't take your jacket off at the interview anyway, unless the interview mafia would be popping by to inspect the inside of your jackets to ensure you are conforming to interview mode? [Image: confused.gif]
Your pocket square should be cotton or linen -- never silk or any satin weave. And they should never, ever match your tie.

Before you ask, cufflinks and French-cuff shirts can definitely be worn to an interview. In fact, the French cuff used to be the informal type on a shirt.

Messages In This Thread