rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

One year to start 3 businesses.. GO

One year to start 3 businesses.. GO

Quote: (10-26-2015 12:21 PM)Chemistry Wrote:  

When I was about 24, I had 3 or 4 business ideas that were rolling around in my head. I've still got the journals I wrote in, I've still got the to-do lists I made to push EACH idea forward, and I've even got remnants of code and sales copy from each strewn around on my hard drive.

It tells the story of a man who was always doing something, but whose ideas never got enough of his attention to really start moving.

Not gonna lie...this hit pretty close to home for me. You basically just described all of my prior business efforts. I was (and still am to a degree) the guy who was always busting his ass on some hustle, but never saw any real success with anything. A big part of it is the natural tendency to fail many times before finding success, but a lot of it also has to do with my tendency to spread myself too thin with too many projects.

OP, I like the idea of what you're trying to do, particularly by giving yourself a hard deadline. However, I tend to agree with the other posters in that you probably ought to prioritize your attention toward your product/service. The blog/podcast stuff is cool, but likely won't begin to yield any fruit for several years (assuming you can continue to pump out engaging content for that long). They can be good marketing tools for your primary product/service though.

As for staying anonymous, I've also struggled with that on some of my blogging and writing projects. Use an alias if you don't feel comfortable putting your real name out there, but you definitely need a persona that people can connect with. The thing about an alias is that you really need to commit to it. Think carefully about how you plan to market yourself in the future, and whether you want to continue operating under some assumed identity.

Messages In This Thread