rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My experience with 5-HTP

My experience with 5-HTP

"Eatthishomie" The slump in mood when you come off is probably because when you introduce an amount of neurotransmitter into your brain, it adjust itself and gets used to it. An example: (let's make an analogy between happiness derived from neurotransmitters and like'n that to getting pussy). say you go to a country where you have high value, you get tons of easy pussy and so you get used to trying less, life is great. You don't have to work as hard to produce results. Now say you suddenly were relocated to a country where it was hard to swoop girls. Your normal level of game wouldnt produce results and and you would experience a deficiet of pussy. It would take you a few days to adjust and ramp up production of game to equal your previous level of acquiring the puss. Make sense? That's why for a few days you feel like shit.

Lastly. To Zelcorpian, this is a good discussion because it seems you enjoy learning about brain chemistry and biochemistry.

I want to point out that the Cochrain studies were unable to produce acceptable data on the use of 5htp and l tryptophan. So it's hard really to say what these supplements are really capable of especially long term.

I mean there are uses , like I said I have heard of some people using 5htp and tryptophan after a hard weekend of partying to help the brain recover.

Most of the data out there is self reported like in this forum. What works for you might not work for someone else.

If someone is truley depressed though, A.) it's not their fault most of the time & studies show that there can be a structural defect in the way the brain makes happy neurotransmitters.

The reason I brought up antidepressants is because a suppliment is not going to cure someone who is clinically depressed. Chronic Depression is much different animal than feeling the post weekend blues.

Evidence is out there that depression is linked to a lack of BDNF or brain derived neutrophic factor. Antidepressants not only restore the function of norepi, serotonin, and dopamine ( all three are important in regulating feel good mood) but by increasing BDNF the brain actually creates new connections, starts to grow grow brain cells and strenghthens communicating brain cells. Let me know if I get too heavy on the science.

Still I think the best way to improve mood and enhance cognition is to eat well, (no more
Mt dew code red), get 8 hrs of sleep min. Excersise, and challenge your mind, there are a million studies out there that support this.
Healthy habits and moderation, that's what's up.

If that's workin out for you why tinker with some wack ass supplements.

I'm not going to tell you what to do but hopefully I've provided enough info for you guys to decide for yourselves.

Messages In This Thread