rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Ultimate Martial Arts/Combat Sports/Boxing Thread

The Ultimate Martial Arts/Combat Sports/Boxing Thread

Quote: (10-30-2015 03:05 AM)cascadecombo Wrote:  

Like crashbangwhallop said, it's really commercialized. The cult following it seems to have makes dojos appear with teachers who shouldn't be teaching it. So if you yourself are dead-set on joining a krav school, thoroughly vet the classes before you join.

I'm starting to think that once you get to a certain skill level at martial arts the best way to see if you want to train a new style or see how skilled the instructor is, would be to ask him to spar discreetly after class or on the weekend. If you wipe the floor with the guy then you may want to reconsider training under him, or training that style in general.

I sparred a Krav brown belt once, I think I probably landed more overall strikes and bigger shots, but I also had probably about 3-4 inches of height and reach on the guy, plus a lot of that Krav shit is meant to brutally take your opponent out in the streets which you're not going to do to your sparring partner in a friendly spar. That said if the guy was horrible and didn't land anything meaningful and had horrible footwork and defense, I'd probably have my doubts about him and his style.

Messages In This Thread