rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise?

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise?

Quote: (10-30-2015 06:28 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

I think most people fail to realise at the start of a cut just how long and unsatisfying-a-process (in terms of how you'll feel restricted) it is likely to be. To me, this is where IF is so good, because you can, if you eat cleanly, eat a shitload of food 2x daily, and still come in under 2000 calories whilst hitting your protein requirements, if you do it right. That means you're only really struggling with hunger for 5-6 hours daily, then after that you're generally pretty comfortable. This is the main advantage of the IF style diet, because it allows you to eat big, tasty meals when you do eat, without really worrying about overeating (caveat obviously that your calories cannot all come from ice cream, crisps and fast food).

Very true.

When I started IF I did classic "2 meals a day, no breakfast" and I expected major hormonal turbulences. I was ready to fight with hunger and lack of energy in the morning. No such thing happened. None. That "hunger" I felt sometimes wasn't even real hunger it was just stupid cravings for a few plums or some kind of snack between main meals. This is not hunger. This is bullshit to avoid.

Second thing was that lack of breakfast made me super focused and alert in the morning which only benefited me at my work. I was like a machine. I had crystal clear focus and get-shit-done attitude on steroids [had 1st meal around noon].

Third bonus was that I could eat big meals just like men usually like. And because I had main meal after workout it doesn't even matter if it's at noon or in the evening. I could eat the biggest meal at 9pm and had no problems as long as you kept other things in check, like not eating between meals, avoiding crap food [IIFYM my ass], maintaining 7-8 hour feeding window, etc. Besides, it feels much more natural to eat less but bigger meals, it makes me feel more like an animal [Image: amuse.gif]

This literally feels like a real life hack. Which is pathetic to be honest cause that should be the norm from day one really.

So yeah OP, whether you bulk or cut it's always about your menu at first. If you bulk and don't get bigger, review your diet. If you cut and abs don't show, review your diet. I was shocked at first how much impact things we eat have on everything related to shaping body. It's brutal one fast food lunch can ruin the whole workout effort.

Last thing, if you can workout in the morning on empty stomach it would be the best for cutting. So.. early morning workout [6-7am]-> big breakfast right after it [8-9am] -> lunch in the afternoon [3-4pm]. That's it. Some coffee in between and lots of water throughout a day. Those abs will come out.

Messages In This Thread