rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Ultimate Martial Arts/Combat Sports/Boxing Thread

The Ultimate Martial Arts/Combat Sports/Boxing Thread

Quote: (10-29-2015 10:08 AM)XXL Wrote:  

Say what? from what i've seen both styles are minimalistic effective and practical in real life. especially kali with its focus on weapons fast close distance contact with fast paced movements.

I wasn't commenting on kali, I have next to no knowledge on that art.

The krav classes I went to, yes they were minimalistic and effective but I didn't find it worth my time to practice with the limited hours that dojo offered in a big group where it was [ jab -> jab -> elbow the nose ] or some other basic combo.

Keep in mind, I only have experience with a single gym, and the class sizes were fairly large. I find the kickboxing [shooto] classes at the gym I go to now to be a bit more effective, as with the smaller class sizes and teachers who are now also themselves training for their pro fights and are more than happy to do live sparring and offer pointers on the fly for weak spots.

Like crashbangwhallop said, it's really commercialized. The cult following it seems to have makes dojos appear with teachers who shouldn't be teaching it. So if you yourself are dead-set on joining a krav school, thoroughly vet the classes before you join.

Messages In This Thread