rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Ultimate Martial Arts/Combat Sports/Boxing Thread

The Ultimate Martial Arts/Combat Sports/Boxing Thread

Quote: (10-29-2015 05:59 AM)XXL Wrote:  

Anyone tried KALI or KRAV MAGA??

I'm interested in a quick and effective self-defense martial art. I want to learn how to use objects to defend myself and how to subdue/quickly take an opponent down and leave without "fighting to fight" [throwing punches, wrestling, scrabbling, etc]

This isn't either of the styles you are asking about, but I think I have a suggestion that would fit your needs.

Judo and possibly Sambo as well would be the kinds of arts where you can knock someone off balance and throw them and walk away unscathed after expending minimal energy. Works as a double bonus if you can throw someone into their friends to force their attention away from you.

One note about krav maga, I've tried it before and didn't find it to be very much different from a kickboxing class. However, I would venture to say that that was more due to the teachers and not the style.

Messages In This Thread