rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Breaking gym contract

Breaking gym contract

I want to get out of a gym membership contract. The gym is unpleasant (low ceilings, no windows, shitty music that is often too loud to comfortably drown out with headphones) and lacks important equipment (bumper plates).

The contract is pretty standard, the only ways out are to wait until a year is up, become totally disabled, or provide proof of change of residence. There's a list of acceptable documentation.

The way I see it I have two choices:

1. Go to them, explain why I am dissatisfied, and ask them to let me out of the contract. (I have already made a couple of complaints about the music, but the music is standard for this chain of gyms, dictated by the corporate hq, and can't be changed). Perhaps threaten them with bad reviews (they keep emailing me for comments/endorsements, I have already left a couple negative ones, maybe offer to remove those as well).

2. Fake a residence change. Pick a document from their list, e.g. lease, and draw one up from a fake company showing that I have taken new housing. Maybe use a real address (friend or family member) in case they mail something there.

Problem with #1 is that if I try it and it doesn't work I am stuck, I can't then do #2. Problem with #2 is that it is crime. On the off chance I were somehow caught that'd be a big deal, especially for someone in my profession. Also I generally try to avoid dishonesty; I have fewer qualms when it comes to a corporation in a fairly unscrupulous business, but the fact that I am generally honest almost makes me worry that I'd screw up from lack of experience.

Thoughts/advice, especially from people who have worked in the industry of who have successfully done this themselves?

Messages In This Thread