rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Quote: (09-07-2015 07:40 AM)UroboricForms Wrote:  

I recently re-watched Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, only the second time I've seen it in about a decade. My god, could they have been any more ham-fisted with the whole Jedi/Sith modern political parallels? Every second lightsaber swing it seemed Ewan Mcgregor was yelling about "democracy!!!" or something to Hayden Christensen's equally ham-fisted angsty face.

If you think about it Star wars is really about communism vs fascism. The empire are fascists and the "rebels" are Che Guevara type revolutionaries. The Jedi are ideal space communists..ideologues who forego earthly desires for ideological purity and communal sacrifice.

The republic fell because it became too tainted with corrupt capitalists which is why the fascists were able to take over. The noble jedi communists and their comrades swoop in at the end to save the galaxy.

George Lucas is a communist.

Messages In This Thread