rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Opportunity to go back “home”

Opportunity to go back “home”

Quote: (08-20-2015 03:09 PM)Kaii Wrote:  

This might be a little rambly, but you guys are used to me doing that [Image: smile.gif] So, one of the topics talked about a lot here is living location. Some of us, home is where we are, for others, a particular location is important. For me, location is everything. I can’t really just live anywhere and be happy. Some people don’t really get that, but that’s ok.

For the past few years I have been moving around for new jobs. Mainly, because in IT, to really up your salary, you have to make a jump to a new job for more money. This has been a successful tactic and I am almost very close to the salary I want to make. However, the drawback is, although I have increased my salary about three fold, I’ve had to do it in places that I really don’t like that well. So, I have been on the hunt to get back to where I want to live for the salary I want.

So, I have lived in a particular city for a long time (since the late 90s). I always loved it, but had an opportunity to change jobs for more pay years ago. Since then, I have changed jobs in different cities as well as some other states. But, I now have the opportunity to go back to my favorite city with a salary that is remarkable compared to when I left. This is a dream come true!

Now my dilemma. I have the official offer, but only have about thirty days to move and start work. That isn’t really the hard part. The hard part is my live in g/f who just moved with me again for the fourth time a couple of months ago. I am torn at this point, I have a chance to be completely free both financially and emotionally, however, I’m not miserable and she is a cool person to be with. It’s just I’m looming on 40, not going to marry her and I don’t want kids. If she was a complete bitch, this would be so much easier.

Of course, I am sure she would come with me again, I am just not sure how to approach it.

I truly do not know what I want at this moment and I don't have a lot of time to think about it.

Has anyone faced this before? If So, what would you guys do in my situation?

Thanks guys.

Dude whats it there to think about, it's your dream go for it and if she isn't on board throw her overboard. I know it sounds harsh but no man dying on his bed says that he's grateful for giving up his dream.

Messages In This Thread