rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Opportunity to go back “home”

Opportunity to go back “home”

This might be a little rambly, but you guys are used to me doing that [Image: smile.gif] So, one of the topics talked about a lot here is living location. Some of us, home is where we are, for others, a particular location is important. For me, location is everything. I can’t really just live anywhere and be happy. Some people don’t really get that, but that’s ok.

For the past few years I have been moving around for new jobs. Mainly, because in IT, to really up your salary, you have to make a jump to a new job for more money. This has been a successful tactic and I am almost very close to the salary I want to make. However, the drawback is, although I have increased my salary about three fold, I’ve had to do it in places that I really don’t like that well. So, I have been on the hunt to get back to where I want to live for the salary I want.

So, I have lived in a particular city for a long time (since the late 90s). I always loved it, but had an opportunity to change jobs for more pay years ago. Since then, I have changed jobs in different cities as well as some other states. But, I now have the opportunity to go back to my favorite city with a salary that is remarkable compared to when I left. This is a dream come true!

Now my dilemma. I have the official offer, but only have about thirty days to move and start work. That isn’t really the hard part. The hard part is my live in g/f who just moved with me again for the fourth time a couple of months ago. I am torn at this point, I have a chance to be completely free both financially and emotionally, however, I’m not miserable and she is a cool person to be with. It’s just I’m looming on 40, not going to marry her and I don’t want kids. If she was a complete bitch, this would be so much easier.

Of course, I am sure she would come with me again, I am just not sure how to approach it.

I truly do not know what I want at this moment and I don't have a lot of time to think about it.

Has anyone faced this before? If So, what would you guys do in my situation?

Thanks guys.

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson

Messages In This Thread