rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to choose hobbies/activities? Tired of feeling bad at everything

How to choose hobbies/activities? Tired of feeling bad at everything

Quote: (08-05-2015 10:22 AM)Ryre Wrote:  

I need to find/choose some good recreational activities to pursue. I do not pick up physical things that quickly--I am tall and don't have natural coordination. Over the years I have spent some time in martial arts, dancing (salsa and swing), recreational basketball, rock climbing, and studying Spanish, but without getting very competent at any of them. Also used to go out to karaoke a lot but never really learned to sing and got tired of being bad. (I train regularly with weights and am fairly strong and in shape, so that isn't really an issue.)

You and me both mate. Try an instrument, and play the style of music which you enjoy. In a city like DC you should be able to find like minded guys to jam with just around the block.

Learn the basics, and start jamming soon as possible. Your skills will improve faster this way and it's a great way to expand your social life. Just like jayrod says above, 'You only get smarter by playing (with) a smarter opponent.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Messages In This Thread