rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic

The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic

Yeah with the shoes, you want non-compressible soles.

As for heeled shoes vs flat shoes, I find myself switching back and forth between them for the back squat. I have the Nike Romaleu 2 and barefoot shoes, and have the mobility to squat in either shoes. I've found that it depends on what kind of shoes I wear in daily life and other physical activities. If I wear heeled shoes elsewhere, I will feel more balanced in them and find the Nike perfect. If I wear flat shoes normally, I will prefer the same while squatting. Currently as I wear flat shoes most of the time, I'm wearing barefoot shoes (Inov8 / Vivobarefoot, cost about $50~70 a pair) for squatting and deadlifting. I still use the Nike for high bar and front squats though, and benching as well.

Guys who travel a lot may find that learning how to squat in flat / barefoot shoes is better, because you can pack lighter.

For pure performance, just wear whichever makes you feel more balanced and stronger.

Messages In This Thread