rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York City: Losing My Religion

New York City: Losing My Religion

Solid post Dantes.

The things that truly give meaning to life are difficult to come by in New York City. There's too much going on around us for most people to stop and ponder what the hell we're doing flying through space on this fortuitously habitable rock. Entertainment is brought directly to your door - be it smartphones, streets packed with bars and restaurants and fun art events etc, constant male attention, delivery everything...long term thinking is not a priority. New York City is the 'abundance mentality' taken to its absurdist extreme. Roosh brought this up a few times this past weekend, and the thought has been percolating for me as well since then.

In regards to the women here, it's a combination of the instant gratification and over-stimulating culture of NYC itself as well as the type of women who have dreams of moving here at a relatively young age from Anytown, USA, which is too 'boring' for them. The exceptions of course are foreign women who come here, along with their families, for the infinite opportunities compared to their homeland; of course within a few months the city has taken its toll. I hope none of the men here have any delusions about finding an LTR, let alone a wife, in this city. Nevertheless, there is always a chance that you'll find a beautiful and stable foreign woman, an opportunity you're not going to have many other places in the USA.

These consumerist ideals are then exported around the world through various forms of media. This works in our favor if we're looking for bangs; when a girl in Jakarta or Buenos Aires or Kiev asks you where you're from, there's no better answer than New York. The flip side is that slowly but surely women around the world are being homogenized and are always directed away from a family oriented life.

That said, it's a great city for when you're young enough to have the energy to enjoy all the benefits of living in NYC. Stay too long and the stress, noise, rat race, and lack of meaningful personal connections will take years off your life. The problem is that it's so damn expensive that most young people can't afford to live here despite the abundant career opportunities.

For me, New York City is the only place I'd want to live in this country, for personal reasons as well as those above. I'm not getting married until at least a decade down the line, and there's such an infinitesimal chance that my future wife will be American anyway, so might as well enjoy life here and make money while keeping sight of my future goals.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Messages In This Thread