rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Lifestyle Goals for 2015

My Lifestyle Goals for 2015

Mini-update

Quote:Quote:

What I need to do:

- Practice more coding
- Put finishing touches on my new copywriting business website
- Come up with a list of 500 companies in my area and promote my new copywriting business
- EXERCISE! I've put on 5-10 lbs from all that sitting while coding/writing for a month... I need to get off my ass and run, ride, walk, and lift!

Things have been crazy at work, which is kinda pissing me off because I was hoping to use some of the downtime during my work hours build my freelance ventures. But the past few weeks, there has hardly been ANY downtime! Hopefully things should slow down into late July and August when people take their vacations. I know it will get busier again in September until the holidays, though.

On top of my FT job, I've been working nights AND weekends to lay in the groundwork for my freelance ventures and that is going to continue for a while. Yes, it's tiring, but it teaches me to be more efficient with my time management.

As for the specifics...

Coding:

I've been coding 2 to 4 hours per day for practice, after work. I'm mainly focusing on C# for Windows, and the new Swift language for iOS. The more time I spend with Swift, the more I am impressed by it.

In fact, I'm cooking up a couple of ideas for iPhone apps and a large data analytics Windows program in between my ears... and getting the conceptual stuff on Google Drawings (love that tool!)

Writing:

I found my first client and offered to write a newsletter article for free. She said it was "beautifully written, I can feel it." Even though I did not get paid a dime for it, getting my first testimonial gives me a huge dose of encouragement that I'm on the right track.

From there, it's all about writing, getting more testimonials, building lists, and marketing. Think I'm going to hire a VA to gather contacts from the lists I build.

Exercise:

I stopped my weight gain, and maybe even lost a pound since my last post here. Been on my bike twice a week on social rides. Plus, whenever I wake up before my alarm goes off, I go for a short run and do some lifting so I don't have to do it after work.

Game:

Zero time spent on game since I quit tinder. I still talk to people wherever I go, in elevators, in the break room, etc. I just don't force anything. Until I get the itch again...

Messages In This Thread