rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Canadian lawyers? Need legal advice for civil claim suit.

Canadian lawyers? Need legal advice for civil claim suit.

Quote: (06-21-2015 01:42 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

I don't have legal advice, but wonder why Canada seems live a haven for shitty and shady construction contractors? I have friends and family with equally insane stories as well as Mike Holmes/Holmes on Holmes filming his show in the toronto area.

Because people don't like to do paper work.

Happens in Australia too. Tradespeople will give you a discount (around 10%) to do the job off the books.

This does my fucking head in, as I own a SME and everything is done above board here. We had a guy come in to do painting and he didn't even have a damn bank account. I had to give him $2,200 in cash, I basically had to twist the pricks arm for a receipt. Surprise, the dude didn't have a registered business number or tax number.

It's important that there is always a paper trail. Not just for ludicrous cases like OP's but also insurance and tax returns. As an estimate, I'd say about 25% of my expenses go to labourers like builders, painters, cleaners Etc. It fucks up your tax and insurance if you need to claim it.

Paper trail people.

Messages In This Thread