rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic

The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic

Quote: (06-02-2015 11:03 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

In the first video, I had thought that the amount his knees stick out during his version of proper form was too much. I have been told and seen many other things advocating basically no forward movement from the knees, or as little as possible. Am I off base with that?

This is a recommendation from geared powerlifting. If you wear a squat suit, you want to stretch it as much as possible because it acts like a rubber band that will catapult you upwards. This stretching is accomplished by sitting back as much as possible.

To improve their back angle and to shorten the ROM when sitting back so far, geared lifters take a very wide stance. Without a squat suit, you're not able to do this or you will fuck up your hips.

As such, if you sit back without a squat suit and keep the shins vertical, your back will be very horizontal. Your squat will become a weighted good morning with a very large ROM and it will be very hard to avoid lower back rounding at the bottom. Also you will not gain a lot of strength in your legs because your lower back strength will always be the limiting factor.

When you squat raw, you want to find the best compromise for your body. Take a comfortable stance width that will not screw your hips. Then balance sitting back and forward knee travel to find the position where you are the strongest and the most comfortable.

Messages In This Thread