rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to get flights from California or U.S. to Europe for $ 200

How to get flights from California or U.S. to Europe for $ 200

Quote: (04-24-2015 07:40 AM)magicone Wrote:  

Once again, I underline: most people are used to paying 2 - 10 times more
for each flight because of the very large profit margins mark-ups
that travel agencies and online travel reservation websites have.

I'll put on my helpful hat and add that a site like kayak.com searches all the fares from online agencies like expedia and travelocity as well as the airlines fares. The profit margins for the online travel agencies is only a few dollars, they make their money on hotels. This link provides a somewhat simple breakdown of how it works. http://www.quora.com/How-much-does-an-OT...ket-booked

Use a site like kayak to find which airline has the cheapest fare and then go to that airlines website to buy the fare. If you can't find the same flights then use what you found on kayak, but 95% of the airlines website will have the best fare, plus there's no middle man website.

Also anyone flying from SFO, LAX, JFK, or Orlando to Europe Norwegian is almost always going to have the cheapest (the same way Spirit always has the cheapest fares in the US). Just go straight to Norwegian's site and search their fare calendar, but like elcidcampeador said just make sure you don't check a bag or pick a seat.

Messages In This Thread