rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Controlled Experiments on Pickup

Controlled Experiments on Pickup

Cool topic. I was going to post on this thread a little bit earlier, but I've been dealing with baby mama drama, and trying to get into an accounting program so I can get extra classes to finally finish my CPA.

Anyway I think one of the things Roosh really gets right is that the best way to find the truth is though the use of the scientific method to produce data, as well as careful statistical analysis of that data. I also agree with others that you probably won't find too much academic research directly regarding pickup because of the feminist inquisition currently raging though North American campuses. Expect things to get much worse on that front as Hillary Clinton's election run approaches.

However luckily for you there's an entire field producing: directly applicable, scientifically tested, peer reviewed data on human interaction. That field is called Social Psychology. I'd sort though that goldmine first. After that if you have a background in statistics you can start running your own experiments; as well as empirically proving whether the principles you've tried to add to your game have actually improved your numbers. If you don't have a background in stats, then you can take a stats class at your local community college. If you absorb the material by the end you should be able to gather data, and statistically prove or disprove a hypothesis by using different methods of hypothesis testing.

Here are some major findings from Social Psychology that I've added to my game:

Misattribution of arousal
- Basically fear and lust are interrelated. Remember that time you had approach anxiety when you saw that perfect 10? Remember that time that you were afraid for your physical well being? That sense of fear felt the same didn't it? It turns out that when someone is afraid and they are interacting with a member of the opposite sex their brain often construes that fear as being caused by lust. Making them more attracted to their potential mate.

Game application - Do something that scares her a little bit. The classic advice is take her to a scary movie which I don't think actually works. No one is too scared at the movies. My brother used to exploit this by taking his dates to a "rock gym" to go on the rock climbing wall right before he'd try to fuck them. I know another guy that worked at a theme park that could get people in for free. He'd take his dates on roller coasters, and often get laid. I have my own way to exploit this; you should find yours.

Cognitive Dissonance
- The feeling that our actions should match our ideals/beliefs, and the mental pain that we feel when the actions we take don't match the beliefs we hold about ourselves and value systems. Remember feeling like shit after you bought your entitled date an expensive appetizer despite being on team #NoAppetizers? What you felt is cognitive dissonance.

Game Application - There's a lot of potential applications here. I'll give you one and let you do the reading and come up with other applications.

One recent example is when I had a college girl back at my place and she was talking about how hard she parties. Of course I wanted to get booze in her, and of course she wasn't born yesterday. She knows that heavy drinking, alone, at some guys house leads to banging. And she didn't want to bang on the first date. So when I initially offered her she declined. Then I started teasing her about the fact that she said she liked to party but didn't want to drink. We ended up playing drinking games and I got the flag an hour later. So if you know something about how a woman sees herself you can use cognitive dissonance to manipulate her.

Using Cognitive Dissonance in Reverse - Again people like to believe their actions reflect their ideals. But we don't always work like that. Sometimes people impulsively do stupid things that go against their ideals, and feel the mental discomfort [cognitive dissonance]. In order to stop that mental discomfort people resort to rationalization [hamstering] to explain their actions away.

Game Application- If you're trying to close the deal and getting LMR understand that it's do or die time and you probably won't get a second chance. This is especially true if you're close to getting the flag.

This is because a woman who is giving you any type of serious LMR doesn't want to see herself as a slut. She's going to have to justify her actions afterwards. If she sleeps with you the easiest way to justify her actions is by telling herself that you're different and she banged you because she really liked you. If she doesn't bang you, but messes around with you she's going to silence the hamster by telling herself that she really didn't want to sleep with you anyway [sour grapes]. And if she sleeps with you, but you treat her like absolute shit; she may justify sleeping with an "asshole" [from her pov] by telling herself that you raped her, and she really want to have sex.

I have more theories from social psychology that I use. I'll type them up later. Also this is a good jumping off point to get basic theoretical overviews which you can do more in depth research on elsewhere.

Messages In This Thread