rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weird question about phones

Weird question about phones

People have told me that I have a good speaking voice, but I have notice that when using certain cell phones, or the mic feature of some tablets, my voice sounds very poor: when the audio bandwidth is constrained (particularly the removal of low bass frequencies) it sounds very tinny and effeminate. Not particularly endearing when talking to women, or anyone else for that matter.

I work in an engineering field and realize there are some factors beyond my control, such as the quality of the speaker in the device the person is using for receiving, the type of digital compression scheme a particular cell carrier is using for voice data transmission, etc.

DJs rely on the "proximity effect" to get that booming bass tone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proximity_e...28audio%29

It's probable that audio quality will improve with increasing device cost as better components are used for the mic/transducer, anti-aliasing filter, analog to digital converter, and so on. But I know little about specific smartphones that are known to have "good" audio quality. Any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread