Roosh V Forum
Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Where to next? Need the forum's input! (/thread-9947.html)

Pages: 1 2

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Vicious - 01-28-2012

So having just gotten back from Bali and Thailand it's time to pick out my next destination for a planned April/May trip. I'm thinking 7-9 nights. I have to plan well ahead like this because I'm using airline miles to book first/business class seats which are in very limited supply. The question that remains is, where to go?

While my previously mentioned trip had relaxation as a priority the upcoming one will mostly be about attaining moist relief. With that said I do want an interesting place to go to in general. It's toxic to pick a spot where all you can do is concentrate on gathering notches and nothing else to do. This is the biggest reason I'm not including Poland in the initial selection despite all its hype (and despite my weakness for big tits). Unless you guys can convince me to put it back on my map that is... More than anything else I'm seeking pointers and advise on what to pick.

My initial picks looks like this:

1. Bangkok, Thailand
+ Spent 3 nights here on my last trip to Thailand and loved the place.
+ Cheap. My lifestyle will make me a beast here.
+ Thai girls are among the finest in this part of the globe.
+ Siam Paragon has to be one of the most target rich environments I've ever seen in the world.
+ Absolutely huge - tons of westerners in vacation mode.
- No real ONS culture outside of p4p (which doesn't do anything for me).
- REAL hot in April/May. Rocking a suit will be hellish.
- On the other side of the world, jet lag might interfere a couple of days.
- Language barriers.

Unknowns: Exotic appeal (minor point), Reliability of vacation rentals

2. Montreal, Canada
+ Seems to be the most recommended city in the Americas on the board right now.
+ Very novel. No real previous experience of Canada/Canadians.
- Only Swiss airlines flies First class to Montreal (very minor point)

Unknowns: Exotic appeal (minor point), Pipelining options

3. New York City
+ I love NYC.
+ Endless pipelining possibilities.
+ Massive ONS possibilities.
- Atrociously expensive to land even a halfway decent pad, will cut into lifestyle budget for the stay.
- Been here several times, No challenge or novelty.
- Occasional attitudes. Would you like to grab a cup of coffee or should I just go fuck myself?

Distant 4s: Quebec, Szczecin/Lodz/Poznan, Random Southern/Midwest tier 3 city (Savannah/Jamestown/Charlotte etc)

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Laner - 01-28-2012

From that list I would say Montreal. I am a little biased, and also a little proud *wipes a tear* that Canada is getting its first moment in the sun since the 60's and 70's when Montreal was one of the top cities in the world. Even if it is attention from a bunch of pussy whipped fellas like ourselves.

Spring in Quebec is unreal. I imagine Sweden goes through a similar shedding of skin, the classic "spring breakup", and skirts go back to where they belong; Above the mid thigh (or on my floor).

Dont sweat the flights (I know Air Canada flies direct from CPH to MTL) but also try Ottawa as its only a few hours by train to DT Montreal.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - thegmanifesto - 01-28-2012

Obviously, they are all dope (never been to BKK)

Weather wise and timing wise, April/May spells NYC in my book.

Or Spain, or somewhere else in Europe, but that is not on your list.

If it was May/June, I would maybe say Montreal. Or a toss up with NYC.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Vicious - 01-29-2012

Laner, is that Quebec the state or city you're referring to?

G, yeah I've been to Spain half a dozen times (and half of that Barcelona) so it's a bit "too" safe for me. Same goes for the rest of Europe, grass is always greener on the other side.

I'm surprised no one has raised a hand for BKK yet.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Laner - 01-29-2012

Quote:Quote:

I'm surprised no one has raised a hand for BKK yet.

7-9 nights is the clincher. Its a long way to fly for that time frame (although lots of people do it, I just dont like to personally). Otherwise BKK is a top contender.

Laner, is that Quebec the state or city you're referring to?

I meant it as the province, but was thinking about Montreal in particular. I have never been to Quebec city actually. Its a shame, as my grandfather is from there, and I still have lots of family in the city (whom I met for the first time at his funeral).

If you have been to NYC and BKK before, go for Montreal. You will not regret it. Met a Swede last night that went to Montreal and we had tears in our eyes talking about the women. He wants to emigrate there (might have been the vodka shots).

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Aliblahba - 01-29-2012

My vote goes for Charleston, S.C. You'll be at the top of the exotic food chain. Unless your accent sounds like the Muppet's chef. jajajja.

Seriously though, the women are bountiful, the seafood is world class, and it's cheap. The chicas will put up just enough fight to make the chase fun, but not enough to doubt the ROI.

If not check out the Clearwater area. Just steer away from Emech. Hangovers are inevitable around him. [Image: angel.gif]

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Deb Auchery - 01-29-2012

Why would you limit yourself to Bangkok in Thailand, I cant stand more than 2 days there. Go to Phi Phi and screw Swedish girls

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - OSL - 01-29-2012

Quote: (01-29-2012 02:21 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Why would you limit yourself to Bangkok in Thailand, I cant stand more than 2 days there. Go to Phi Phi and screw Swedish girls

awwwww yyyyeeeaaaahhhhhh

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - thegmanifesto - 01-29-2012

What are the best months of the year to do this?

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Vicious - 01-29-2012

Quote: (01-29-2012 11:02 AM)Laner Wrote:  

7-9 nights is the clincher. Its a long way to fly for that time frame (although lots of people do it, I just dont like to personally). Otherwise BKK is a top contender.

Well, it'll take me 11h+ to get to Montreal from Gothenburg so it's almost as bad unfortunately. Since I'm flying business class however the trip itself isn't as wearing.

The spring thaw effect is a good point however. It does have a similar effect in Swe.

Quote: (01-29-2012 11:16 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

My vote goes for Charleston, S.C. You'll be at the top of the exotic food chain. Unless your accent sounds like the Muppet's chef.

I've been real curious about the south but from the few Southern belles I've encountered they have seemed to be a bit more conservative and high maintenance. Or is that just a ruse they put up for their own benefit?

Bangkok is one of the 25 largest cities in the world and offers everything you can imagine. Phi Phi on the other hand is a grimey playground for drunk Euros akin to Ibiza. 3-4 nights and you've seen every nook and cranny of Don. If I go to a country I want to nail the local population not tourists who can't let loose at home. Phi phi also has shitty weather from May to winter.

And I've had my fill of Swedish girls. Hell, I've had my, yours and the next guy's fill of Swedish girls - and not the 2nd hand leavings available on Phi phi either.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Luckystar - 01-29-2012

I think you should pass on NYC this time around. It will always be there for you, and you've done it a few times as you said.

You should be able to enjoy Montreal in the spring, but unless you're from Toronto/Boston/NYC, I would stress going in the summer. Summer is the time to realize all of Montreal's charms.

Definitely get the impression Thailand has you excited (for good reason). You have a good idea of what you'll get there, but don't sleep on those southern U.S. cities. There is adventure to be had in those second/third tier cities and the weather will be nice. I'm sure you'd come away with some interesting stories.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Luckystar - 01-29-2012

Quote: (01-29-2012 05:09 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

I've been real curious about the south but from the few Southern belles I've encountered they have seemed to be a bit more conservative and high maintenance. Or is that just a ruse they put up for their own benefit?

I've never been to Charleston, but I've dated a few Southern belles in California and been to Atlanta several times. Haven't encountered college girls that are wilder or party harder than southern college girls. I would think Charleston's got a lot of them, along with a ton of local low brow hungry MILFs.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Deb Auchery - 01-30-2012

Quote: (01-29-2012 02:50 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

What are the best months of the year to do this?

The ones where it's cum-freezing cold in Sweden, which is probably November till April

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Vicious - 01-30-2012

I'm sad to hear that you have to go to Montreal in the summer to fully enjoy it. Because I fully believe that there's no nation in the world that stirs the loins quite as well as Sweden in the summer. It would be a shame travelling during this time. Thus I'm leaning all the more towards BKK and Charleston. Ali-B is making a very good case for the south. I went to High school in Kentucky so I have an idea of what I'm getting. Problem is, with all the flight connections it'll take me 15h to get to Charleston which is basically the same as BKK. Also, star-alliance doesn't have any hubs around Charleston making the trip a bit pricey (as opposed to the "free" trip to BKK).

I would have hoped that the flight plan would not be what is the deciding factor but it's starting to look like it...

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - IVth_Element - 01-31-2012

Vicious-

PM me if you decide to hit Charleston. I'll dig up some current data for you. Girls will already be laying out on Folly Beach in May, but not swimming too much as it's still a bit cold. There are bars near the beach, and then its only 15 minutes back to Market Street downtown. As for quantity and quality of girls, I doubt that you will be disappointed. It's been a few years since I've been there, but the ratios stay really good due to College of Charleston being mostly female. There are 40+ sushi bars (Bushido was on Man vs Food a while back) and tons of seafood and southern cooking. Girls wear dresses a lot when the summer hits and like to walk around the outdoor markets. The girls at CofC are ranked as 10th hottest college girls in the country and 13th wildest/party girls. The guys are mostly a joke, except for some of the Citadel pricks.

http://collegeprowler.com/college-of-charleston/

Overall, it's a great place but I think you would be bored within a week and you may not considered it worth the travel/opportunity cost. The beaches are nice, but nothing like Thailand. The girls are pretty and feminine and you will easily get a few notches, but they aren't as outright sexy. It's also a bit more of a wing man type place, even though you will likely do well either way. Unless I'm in Europe, I can meet up and show you around. It's just that girls are in groups/pairs more often and you are more likely to isolate if you have someone else to run interference or chat up her bff. I'm not saying that it's necessary, but unlike Miami and other larger cities, you will stand out being solo and have a slightly harder time isolating. Mostly Charleston is a place to relax and eat food with friends type of place, where you can bar hop with ease at night and try to find a girl that dtf. Focus on happy hour venues and chat up girls that are sitting alone. This bypasses the Mother Hen drama of trying to isolate at night , when every chick is trying to save her friend. Day game is good during the summer and you can set up dates with decent ease. Overall though, you won't get the excitement of NYC or the beauty/ease of Thailand.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Vicious - 02-01-2012

It's decided. Towards the end I was getting psyched over Charleston with Montreal and Bangkok close 2nds. I had to remind myself however that I went to the US in October last year and wasn't entirely satisfied.

Checking the flight options I had to give out around $800+ to get to Montreal. For Bangkok I could grab International First Class tickets using only miles. The ability to arrive well rested at my location and having been served lobster on the way kinda tipped it for me.

So Bangkok it is. I'm already out looking for apartments. Skipping the hotels this time.

Thanks for everyone's input. Would have loved to returned to NA but that was the "safe" option. I have to keep reminding myself to go beyond that.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Deb Auchery - 02-01-2012

Flying First Class all the way to Thailand for what could be as little as 7 nights, and you're staying it in the grimy capital?.

Surely there's Thai hookers where you are, you could bang one every day for 7 nights and probably pay less than your planned trip.

Sensible idea would be of been to fly to the south of Thailand instead.

Madness IMO

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Laner - 02-01-2012

Good choice.

As much as I love Montreal, Bangkok is one of the funnest cities in the world.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - IVth_Element - 02-01-2012

Yep, good choice. Save Charleston for a side trip when you are already in the States. As for me, I'm heading to NYC Friday. Gathering data now.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - flashbang - 02-02-2012

I'm in Bangkok and I can confirm that the Thai girls are easy as hell. You get approached with the "where you from?" line all the time in the club. Only thing is you wanna make sure it's not actually a dude but unless you're not hammered, you can easily tell.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Vicious - 08-09-2013

I'm at it again.
Already planning for next year's power trip.

It'll most likely be 10 days/9 nights in April/May.

I'll do a Roosh and save the rest of Asia for when I'm 50. South America is too long a trek for 9 nights. The Med I have done to death. I visit many European major cities through work so they don't hold the same interest to me either.

Thus it's going to be the US or Canada again. What can I say, I love America.

So I'm weighing between these cities.

Miami - Really, really leaning towards this option. The only question is if it's too early in the season and if I will mesh well with Hispanic girls which is the one ethnicity where I have little experiences to draw from.

Toronto - The city is slaughtered on the forum. It's however the kind of world city that I always do well. Fantastic looking lodging is available at great prices.

New York - Have nothing more to prove here. No challenge left. Madly expensive. Can only do evening dates since everyone works all day. Still, it's New York, the greatest city in the world and every time I go here I know that my bed will be filled more than half of my nights with world class talent.

Dark Horses: Houston, Chicago

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - thegmanifesto - 08-09-2013

Heads up:

Don't go to South Beach during Memorial Day weekend unless you want to party with 70,000 Lil Waynes and Ca$h Money Brothers.

[Image: miamimemorialdayweekend.jpg]

Everyone who lives in South Beach who has the opportunity to get out of town, does.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Merenguero - 08-09-2013

Quote: (08-09-2013 03:33 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Heads up:

Don't go to South Beach during Memorial Day weekend unless you want to party with 70,000 Lil Waynes and Ca$h Money Brothers.

[Image: miamimemorialdayweekend.jpg]

Everyone who lives in South Beach who has the opportunity to get out of town, does.

I'm starting to think South Beach should be avoided from about mid May until Labor Day weekend. I see a drastic difference between the warmest weather months and the rest of the year there.

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - el mechanico - 08-09-2013

I can't believe Miami is a contender here from Europe. I would go almost anyplace else on the planet. Except.. Atlanta. New Orleans is calling me though. Viscious have you thought about some Dominican mountain towns?

Where to next? Need the forum's input! - Laner - 08-09-2013

Miami - Really, really leaning towards this option. The only question is if it's too early in the season and if I will mesh well with Hispanic girls which is the one ethnicity where I have little experiences to draw from.

I have never been to Miami, but from my recent experience in Florida I would put Miami at #1.

Toronto - The city is slaughtered on the forum. It's however the kind of world city that I always do well. Fantastic looking lodging is available at great prices.

True, it is slaughtered. But I could give a shit, Toronto is a great city. One of the best (just do not compare it to NY) in North America. My advice, is take to take your advice from guys that fit your style and personality. With the way you roll, Toronto will be great.