Roosh V Forum
Facial hair change = gamechanger? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Facial hair change = gamechanger? (/thread-71925.html)

Pages: 1 2

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - lunchmoney - 01-07-2019

Has anyone made a drastic change in their appearance and saw an instant spike in their game? I know when I began to grow a beard, I started attracting younger girls (the irony), however my wingman is the exact opposite. He is at his best with no facial hair at all (keeps a bald head and no mustache/beard).

Anyone else experiment with this?

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - Hypno - 01-07-2019

Yes. I'm a little older and corporate. A beard makes me look younger and edgier.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - Heuristics - 01-07-2019

The beard helps me look a bit older. I actually cut the majority of my hair off, and then went out with some facial scruff a few nights ago. It gave me a lot of confidence rocking short hair, consequently, I felt like I was doing better than usual gaming. Maybe just a coincidence. But I'm keeping at least several days of facial hair from now on.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - RatInTheWoods - 01-08-2019

If your beard starts getting grey in it, you gotta cut that shit off, it will age you 20 years.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - mataor - 01-08-2019

There are women who are into beards, even young women who are into greying beards and hair. The trick I think is to have it well groomed.

When my wife complains my beard is way too large and I look too old, in reality she is noticing it is not well maintained. Currently I go to my barber every week, have a larger beard than never before, and she is happy with it. Even if it is graying I do not think I look older.

The problem with a beard is to find a good barber. Most guys on that job shall be doing something else or be unemployed.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - Tex Cruise - 01-08-2019

I grow a beard every winter because I work outside in the cold. Have done for maybe 10 years or more. I can't say for sure but I probably do better without it especially with younger women because my beard is almost fully grey. It depends though. Certain girls that I see often over a long period react and look at me different with or without. some clearly prefer it, some don't. One of my long time female friends always makes a big deal when I shave "Noooooo!!!!! Why did you do that???"

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - tomzestatlu - 01-08-2019

I started to wear stubble and I guess it really improved me look. I shave it once a week to 3 milimeters. I don't want to wear beard, because it deforms sharp edges on my face. Stubble gives you mature and masculine looks, but also preserves shape edges on your faces.

I noticed that at least 70% of guys who wear beard these days have chubby faces.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - seeker.for.life - 01-08-2019

I've had some friends grow a huge bread. But it didn't affect their game much.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - Atlanta Man - 01-08-2019

I have had a serious beard since 2013, and only had sex with women in their 20's. In September I had to shave it for career reasons and immediately started attracting women in their mid to late 30's-Needless to say I am growing this beard back as we speak! A clean shaven face equals older sexual partners, facial hair for the win!

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - Batman_ - 01-08-2019

I think it's best to play up your strengths and create a niche like that is more polarizing.

Woman who like beards are probably much more attracted to guys with beards than woman who prefer clean-shaven guys are attracted to beardless guys, if that makes sense.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - pancakemouse - 01-08-2019

I am bald and am starting to use Minoxidil to grow a fuller beard which I can style (see https://old.reddit.com/r/Minoxbeards/)

Facial contrast is of supreme importance for looks.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - quaker13 - 01-08-2019

Quote: (01-08-2019 02:25 PM)corsega Wrote:  

I am bald and am starting to use Minoxidil to grow a fuller beard which I can style (see https://old.reddit.com/r/Minoxbeards/)

My beard was around 70% before and after 3-4 months of minox several years ago it's damn near at 100%. It could be 100% but I like the fact it's not super dense, because that would create and environment for more ingrown hairs

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - The King - 01-08-2019

I think the important thing with facial hair is how you use it in conjunction with your hairstyle or how it fits in to the 'look'

I use tanning beds. When I'm dark I'll get a nice fade with a clean shave. When I start to lose some colour I let the hair grow for maybe a week and have some stubble. Gives me more of a mature appearance. These are only 2 basic examples.

One other thing I'll add is that what you personally think looks best isn't always the same for the girls. I used to shape my eyebrows real thin and look like a bitch but I loved it. Now that I let them grow I actually get laid.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - Boojeah - 01-08-2019

Quote: (01-08-2019 02:54 PM)quaker13 Wrote:  

My beard was around 70% before and after 3-4 months of minox several years ago it's damn near at 100%. It could be 100% but I like the fact it's not super dense, because that would create and environment for more ingrown hairs

How long did it take on minoxidil in total to get all it full and get rid of the patches? 3-4 months only gets you minimum results correct?

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - lunchmoney - 01-08-2019

Quote: (01-08-2019 05:08 AM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

If your beard starts getting grey in it, you gotta cut that shit off, it will age you 20 years.

I think that depends on the woman. I see guys with greying beards put off that older guy/provider game and works wonders in pulling 20 something girls. I don't believe in dying your hair/beard. If you don't like the grey, cut it off/down to a shadow.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - BaatumMania - 01-09-2019

When it is your culture you don't think of this but from an external 3rd person: a man having a bread is technically a status symbol of wealth. After all a lot of jobs don't permit facial hair. Especially a messy beard.

So the hamster brain of a woman sees a man with a (messy) beard and subconsciously thinks he is either leisurely wealthy or is getting money from parents. After all a man with some messy beard isn't working for a living unless it's a hipster coffee shop (the one exception to the rule). Same hamster brain goes into overwork when a woman sees a guy with tattoos in visible areas.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - Chetthebaker - 01-09-2019

There are plenty of careers and jobs where you can have beards or tattoos that pay quite well. Nobody gives a fuck how you look in film/tv/advertising production or post-production. Or a lot of other professions that are entertainment related. Nobody gives a fuck how you look in tech. Coders can be all sorts of weirdos and nonconformity is totally accepted as far as how you look. What you say around other employees might be a different story.

For me having a beard has been a game changer. And I have plenty of white hairs in mine.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - Borges - 01-09-2019

It seems that everywhere I go, every other guy has a beard. It depends on the country, but I don't think growing a beard will be a gamechanger for most people. The exception being guys who use it to improve facial attractiveness. A good-looking beard can hide a weak jawline, for example.

It's a shame that beards became so fashionable. When I started to grow mine in the mid 2000s, I got a lot of attention from girls. Not a lot of men rocked beards, but there was a sizeable amount of women who loved it. They'd always comment how they found my beard manly etc. Nowadays days it makes 0 difference, beards are everywhere.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - BaatumMania - 01-09-2019

Well to the 2 previous posters: I think the status symbol thing is a product of culture (so it doesn't change that fast overnight) but you're right that all of the sudden that professions now permit beards and tats more often so now tons of men sport facial hair these days.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - nomadbrah - 01-09-2019

Quote: (01-08-2019 06:42 AM)tomzestatlu Wrote:  

I started to wear stubble and I guess it really improved me look. I shave it once a week to 3 milimeters. I don't want to wear beard, because it deforms sharp edges on my face. Stubble gives you mature and masculine looks, but also preserves shape edges on your faces.

I noticed that at least 70% of guys who wear beard these days have chubby faces.

A barber will cut your beard so it complements your facial feature. For me, having a wide face/jaw, shorter in the sides, but longer on chin, which is comparatively not as strong. I can't recommend getting your beard cut by a barber enough. Massive difference. Go every other week. Look fresh all the time.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - DJ-Matt - 01-09-2019

I've never had eyebrows or facial hair so I've been trying minox also for the last few weeks.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - kosko - 01-09-2019

I just shaved off my chin-strap on a whim and I realized now it made my face look more defined. I got lots of compliments about it as well. Not wise.

I am mulling trying that Minoxidil before the grey whiskers get outta control though. Also, Winter is a good time to experiment with facial hair IMO.

Facial hair for sure helps to add some edge. Beards are supreme but not every guy can get a good one going so work with you got.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - UlugBeg - 01-09-2019

Grew the scruffy beard about 4 months ago. Received numerous compliments. Requires daily razor at 4 setting. And frequent dying, as the beard goes grey often (but not really my hair). We’re not allowed to have a beard at work, but I get away with it by being discreet.

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - quaker13 - 01-09-2019

Quote: (01-08-2019 07:18 PM)Boojeah Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2019 02:54 PM)quaker13 Wrote:  

How long did it take on minoxidil in total to get all it full and get rid of the patches? 3-4 months only gets you minimum results correct?

Yup, 3-4 months was the minimum. I can't recall the exact length of time but definitely it was at the 6 month mark and i applied 2 times a day usually(morning and night)

Facial hair change = gamechanger? - quaker13 - 01-09-2019

Quote: (01-08-2019 05:08 AM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

My beard is aggressively salt and pepper and I'm only 39. I was very self conscious about it once upon a time, but i've received so many compliments on it I own it now. I have tight skin and the hair on my head is only about 10% grey. I keep it at a 5 o'clock shadow so my jawline can show and I'm cash fucking money. Can't argue with results.