Roosh V Forum
Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 (/thread-71446.html)

Pages: 1 2

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - khalidkcl - 11-27-2018

I'm currently planning a trip to the states after the new year. I deffo want to go to America as I had a really good reception from the females last time I was there (Minnesota). I had women blatantly flirting with me infront of my gf and constantly asking me if I was from England... i cant lie, i loved it haha however, I couldn't do anything as I was with my long term partner then lol.

I'm not sure which city I should go for , Chicago or San Fran and LA. My visit will be for approx 13 days. Ive done some research on the forum and chicago seems to have some good reviews.

Stats: I'm from the UK with a posh London accent or so ive been told lol which I hope will serve me well in the states. Light skin black male, 5ft 11, above average income, work out and moderate game.

I'm also going to be doing a few road trips to nearby cities and small towns.

Budget: looking at roughly 300 USD per day not including car or accomo.

Cheers

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Savonarola - 11-27-2018

Quote: (11-27-2018 02:54 PM)khalidkcl Wrote:  

I'm currently planning a trip to the states after the new year. I deffo want to go to America as I had a really good reception from the females last time I was there (Minnesota). I had women blatantly flirting with me infront of my gf and constantly asking me if I was from England... i cant lie, i loved it haha however, I couldn't do anything as I was with my long term partner then lol.

I'm not sure which city I should go for , Chicago or San Fran and LA. My visit will be for approx 13 days. Ive done some research on the forum and chicago seems to have some good reviews.

Stats: I'm from the UK with a posh London accent or so ive been told lol which I hope will serve me well in the states. Light skin black male, 5ft 11, above average income, work out and moderate game.

I'm also going to be doing a few road trips to nearby cities and small towns.

Budget: looking at roughly 300 USD per day not including car or accomo.

Cheers
I lived in LA for twelve years and currently live in Chicago. Both are wonderful and packed full of cultural stuff, but both are very different. (Don't go to San Francisco except for tourism; for women it's pretty terrible.)

Chicago
You won't need a rental car, the people are nicer, and they'll be more receptive to you. The lake and the climate is gorgeous in the summer. Most people fall in love with the city really quickly. There are a lot of approachable 8s here.

LA
By far, the most beautiful women in the world. Nines and dimes everywhere. But most people are flaky and unapproachable. The logistics are bad; you have to drive everywhere. It's also become unbearably hot in the summer. (15 years ago, it wasn't.)

If you come in the late spring/summer/early fall, Chicago is the easy winner.
If you come in the winter, it's more of a tossup.

I'd say that your accent will get you further in Chicago, because LA people are accustomed to a million different accents. Chicago, slightly less so.

Hope this helps.

@Savonarola

Awesome advice man. Really appreciate it.

It's going to be in April and Chicago seems more favourable cost wise as well. Ticket prices from London direct to O'Hare Chicago is looking very cheap right now and Chicago is an overall cheaper city than low Angeles or San Fran according to Numbeo.

Cheers

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - yankeetravels - 11-27-2018

Have you considered throwing New York into the mix? It's a much better version of Chicago in my opinion and a lot easier for foreigners to navigate (though neither are insanely difficult).

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Rang off the Pipe - 11-27-2018

IMO he'd have a higher novelty factor in Chicago. No shortage of Brits in NYC. Chicago also has plenty of options both day and night when it comes to meeting women.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Shimmy - 11-27-2018

Chicago, unless sitting in traffic and not getting laid very much are on your bucket list.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Drazen - 11-27-2018

If I were you, I'd probably go to Chicago (I've lived in LA since the 90s), unless its during January or February. Chicago has an awesome bar/day drinking culture if the weather is good. People are a little more down to earth and less relying on being edgy or well connected.

Thanks guys. Chicago it is!

I'll be getting a car anyway just so I don't have to rely on uber or public transport. Mustang Cabrio prices look decent!

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Drazen - 11-27-2018

I really wouldn't use a car in Chicago if I were you. The suburbs are hell, uber is easy.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Shimmy - 11-27-2018

Having a car in Chicago (in the city and not in the suburbs) is much more of an inconvenience than anything. You will waste a ton of time and money parking, uber is extremely fast and if there's traffic you can get places quicker via train quicker than anything else. The train is extremely easy to use by doing "train" directions on google maps.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - jordypip23 - 11-28-2018

Quote: (11-27-2018 07:03 PM)Shimmy Wrote:  

Having a car in Chicago (in the city and not in the suburbs) is much more of an inconvenience than anything. You will waste a ton of time and money parking, uber is extremely fast and if there's traffic you can get places quicker via train quicker than anything else. The train is extremely easy to use by doing "train" directions on google maps.

While true from a practicality standpoint, the Ford Mustang Cabriolet might be a nice prop for wooing some of his targets in Chicago. OP should get familiar with driving up & down Lake Shore Drive if he gets the Mustang. IMO that might be the most picturesque ride that you can take within the city.

In NYC I'd definitely vote against getting the car & also add that even less folks would have appreciation for an American vehicle in Jew York heheheh. Don't get me wrong though I love visiting New York too. OP can expect to find more girls who hail from the Chicago area & the Midwest in Chicago whereas NYC is more of an international hodge podge. Chicago pushes high on the scale for some international diversity, however, considering its Midwestern location. The often discussed warzone part of Chicago is mainly sectioned off to the South side & West sides of the city.

Hah this chick's cover is decent actually:

This more recent song is a fun little ode to the city as well:

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Araveug - 11-29-2018

Sufjan is so good. Just broke out his Christmas albums for the season. Definitely not for everyone...

To OP - Enjoy the trip. LA is worth a stop, maybe next time.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - GoingHAM20 - 11-29-2018

Quote: (11-27-2018 05:40 PM)Shimmy Wrote:  

Chicago, unless sitting in traffic and not getting laid very much are on your bucket list.

This about sums it up.

Would you rather walk a block to meet girls or drive for 30-60 minutes? Chicago is also far more down to earth and authentic.

Lastly, if you think you’re gonna see nothing but dime pieces in LA, you’re in for a rude awakening. Outside of Santa Monica and maybe West Hollywood, there are far more 300 pound Mexican women than smokeshows.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - jbkunt2 - 11-30-2018

Chicago all day long if we are talking summer.

Amazing place to be during the sunny warm months.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - jbkunt2 - 11-30-2018

You will spend more paying for parking than you would for your entire Uber bill.

A car in Chicago is a stupid idea to say the least.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - khalidkcl - 11-30-2018

Thanks to everyone for their contributions. Currently sorting out my visa as I can't apply for an ESTA due to a visit to Tehran a few years ago so I need to go through the long route [Image: sad.gif] with an interview etc here in London.

Regarding chicago traffic, i can see arguments against the car and some of you guys know Chicago far better than me so thanks for this input... part of the idea was to use the mustang for a status boost and plus, i love mustangs...

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Drazen - 11-30-2018

You will get zero status boost from a rental car Ford Mustang. Convertible would be nice to take a lady on a drive at night though. No one is going to jump your bones rolling around the city in a Mustang though, it would be nice for existing leads though (but ultimately a waste of time IMO as you can just meet them for drinks somewhere).

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Shimmy - 11-30-2018

Quote: (11-30-2018 06:25 PM)khalidkcl Wrote:  

Thanks to everyone for their contributions. Currently sorting out my visa as I can't apply for an ESTA due to a visit to Tehran a few years ago so I need to go through the long route [Image: sad.gif] with an interview etc here in London.

Regarding chicago traffic, i can see arguments against the car and some of you guys know Chicago far better than me so thanks for this input... part of the idea was to use the mustang for a status boost and plus, i love mustangs...

Unless Mustang is a new model of Lamborghini you aren't getting a status boost. These cars here can be picked up for 10k used. I would not be surprised if a girl thought it was weird a guy was driving to a date and would probably be skeptical that you were driving in from the suburbs.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - uhriginal - 11-30-2018

Chicago weather is shit in April. The lake will be closed and the trendy outdoor bars will probably be closed.

Better off waiting til mid May when all the colleges go on summer break and it stops raining + warms up.

Do recommend the brunch scene on Saturdays

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - jordypip23 - 12-01-2018

Quote: (11-30-2018 11:12 PM)uhriginal Wrote:  

Chicago weather is shit in April. The lake will be closed and the trendy outdoor bars will probably be closed.

Better off waiting til mid May when all the colleges go on summer break and it stops raining + warms up.

Do recommend the brunch scene on Saturdays

This is true. Chicago's spring / early summer takes a bit longer to kick in generally than even cities like NYC. April can still be pretty gloomy & cold.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Bikal - 12-01-2018

I'm from the UK with a posh London accent or so ive been told lol.
Please don't take this the wrong way but, already, one can tell you're not quite who you're try to present yourself as.

As far as where to go, pick based on what you enjoy rather than girls, do you like surfing? SoCal or do you prefer architecture in which case Chicago, those are just examples but you get my point, picking a location based on the women and not a lot else is a recipe for disaster.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Cr33pin - 12-01-2018

Southern Cal vs Chicago?

Why not Southern Chicago... best of both worlds! Plus you don't have to worry about crime cause Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the US. It's a win win

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - Bluto - 12-01-2018

Quote: (12-01-2018 11:37 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Southern Cal vs Chicago?

Why not Southern Chicago... best of both worlds! Plus you don't have to worry about crime cause Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the US. It's a win win

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - khalidkcl - 12-01-2018

Quote: (12-01-2018 11:23 AM)Bikal Wrote:  

I'm from the UK with a posh London accent or so ive been told lol.
Please don't take this the wrong way but, already, one can tell you're not quite who you're try to present yourself as.

As far as where to go, pick based on what you enjoy rather than girls, do you like surfing? SoCal or do you prefer architecture in which case Chicago, those are just examples but you get my point, picking a location based on the women and not a lot else is a recipe for disaster.

Don't know what that means but thank you for your 'contribution'...

We all travel for different reasons. I like to visit countries for women and architecture. If you only travel for architecture and scenery, that's you, enjoy it. I've got no shame in saying that one of the factors in me choosing a location is women among many other things.

Keep up the useful contributions....lol

Let me know when you drop a data sheet.

Southern Cal vs Chicago? 2019 - jbkunt2 - 02-05-2019

Do not get a car. This cannot be understated.

It would be an utter liability.