Roosh V Forum
Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? (/thread-68500.html)

Pages: 1 2

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - RexImperator - 05-20-2018

Check out this Joe Rogan clip at 16:37 or so:

There is research indicating psilocybin can help diminishes the fear response in the human brain.

This could have many applications (including approach anxiety...).

Michael Pollan also now has a new book out called “How to Change Your Mind” which deals with benefits and cutting edge research involving psychedelic substances.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - ProGambler - 05-21-2018

One of my old friends went from a depressive, unambitious cuck to the most alpha mindset guy ever after a summer of tripping. Reverted to his old self a few years later and we are no longer friends sadly but the point is psychedelics are incredible valuable for therapy imo.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - 456 - 05-21-2018

@ProGambler: that sounds like a fantastic anecdote.

Can you expand a little on what he did during the ambitious alpha phase? Did he create any long-term gains / results?

How and why did he revert? Was it just that the earlier ambitions hadn't panned out? Or were there new issues?

Just curious because it sounds like he was on the verge of becoming a life-long more internally-controlled person.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Dulceácido - 05-21-2018

Whenever someone talks a megashitload of sciencey type shit, then prefaces his next sentence with: "There's no explanation for this.....currently.... And even though we may not be able to prove it...."

I immediately tune out.

plus, his hat looks stupid.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - ProGambler - 05-21-2018

He became a pro DJ, banged a ton of chicks, did loads of fitness work and developed knowledge reading.

He reverted because of bad sleep pattern and vegan diet with stupid fasting routine leading to mental illness. Got into purity cycles and tried to do everything differently. But that was a reflection of his insecure nature and desire to stand out, don't let it put you off psycho therapy [Image: biggrin.gif]

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Fender_Bender - 05-21-2018

There are interesting results with microdosing and help with depression worth looking into, and I have done a lot of psychedelics, but I'm kind of neutral on their benefits. Not for everyone. I've known plenty of closed minded fucking idiots that have tripped many times and still show no signs of "evolution" for every person including myself I can report positive changes for. For me it helped severely lessen my fear of death by accepting my life thus far and not fearing what comes next, and also helped to change my not-giving-a-fuck-at-all stance on abortion (as psychedelics give you massive appreciation for the beauty of life in all of its forms). But you reach a sort of stopping point if you're smart and realize it's like trying to drink the ocean through a straw. It's such a bizarre beautiful fucked up experience unlike any other that feels like an epic quest for truth and answers, but you will always come out with more questions than answers. Go too deep too often and you start to care more about the dimensions you experience under their influence more than your own material plane, which is bad for your life and progression obviously. Small doses of shrooms or acid are fun as fuck for hikes etc though.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Super_Fire - 05-21-2018

^^^This is all correct.

These sorts of things help to enhance your state of mind already going into it. If you're in a bad spot in your life, it won't lift you out of it. If you're a dummy, you'll just laugh the whole time.

It will change your life in that you'll know, in a sense, what it's like to be a a hypothetical alien or angel who's descended to Earth and viewed humans up-close for the first time. Sure, you've seen them in video and pictures, but it's your first time actually encountering them. And you'll distinctly feel that "ether" of time and space in between our daily lives and the beyond.

But it won't battle depression in the long run.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Fender_Bender - 05-22-2018

I think of it like a radio antenna for frequencies of reality we aren't normally able to tune into, perhaps except in times of deep meditation and/or schizophrenia. You definitely have a sense of there being *SOMETHING* else to this existence other than the nihilistic atheist view of "you live, you die, you rot, the end." and that gives me a bit of comfort. The change in perspective is definitely there, and I think it helps you to reassess your place in this world, what's truly important to you, and the changes it spurs in you tend to be positive for yourself and the greater world. Like I mentioned before though you have to know when to tune out (stop tripping constantly) and act on the information you have been given rather than expect continuous travels into that realm to be self-actualizing.

On topic with regard to performance enhancement? Ehhhh. With small doses you get a spike of awareness, playfulness, possibly extra talkativity, but your brain is going to be going wild with possibilities and appreciation for the smallest shit so it probably depends on your personality. It could make you want to retreat into your shell to process it all or be more outgoing and interesting to an outsider. Hard to recommend dosing and going out to a bar, you'll probably start thinking about how destructive alcohol is, how sad the guy sitting at the bar by himself drinking liquor is, and how pathetic so many people there are and want to leave.

At a concert/music festival/hiking out in the woods? Hell yeah

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - the Thing - 05-25-2018

Quote: (05-20-2018 12:24 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Check out this Joe Rogan clip at 16:37 or so:

There is research indicating psilocybin can help diminishes the fear response in the human brain.

This could have many applications (including approach anxiety...).

Michael Pollan also now has a new book out called “How to Change Your Mind” which deals with benefits and cutting edge research involving psychedelic substances.

Every once in a while when my inner game is in the shitter, I eat large amounts of shrooms (3-4g sometimes more) and lie on a bed in a cold, dark and silent room to purge my inner demons out. After these trips, I usually get a lasting afterglow for at least a week. This affects my career, athletic and social performance in a hugely positive manner. Both psilocybin and LSD are serotonergic compounds so this is to be expected.

On the other hand, microdosing did me jack shit. I either feel nothing or cross the threshold and start tripping which defeats its purpose. I spoke to a few others first-hand on this subject and they have said the same.

I'm particularly clueless about how LSD would help approach anxiety. If you freak out about talking to strangers, something that makes you feel wired and raises your heart rate as well as blood pressure would be the last thing you need in your system.

I have anecdotal evidence microdosing other compounds but I'm not sure if talking about performance enhancement using schedule one substances would violate any forum rules.

Until then, try to get an Adderall script. Or a benzodiazepine (Valium if you need something mild and longer acting, or Xanax if you go full panic) for social anxiety. Also Phenibut is OTC and works okay for loosening up. But use sparingly because it acts similar to benzos so once you get hooked, withdrawals are hell.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Meliorare93 - 05-26-2018

Quote: (05-25-2018 06:47 PM)the Thing Wrote:  

Every once in a while when my inner game is in the shitter, I eat large amounts of shrooms (3-4g sometimes more) and lie on a bed in a cold, dark and silent room to purge my inner demons out. After these trips, I usually get a lasting afterglow for at least a week. This affects my career, athletic and social performance in a hugely positive manner. Both psilocybin and LSD are serotonergic compounds so this is to be expected.

respect, not a lot of psychonauts have the balls to do the heroic dose in a dark room... did a lot of those over a decade ago (did some stupid mixes too), saw some mind boggling stuff. Nowadays it's logistically a lot harder to do (being a parent).

And yes I also experienced it as a performance enhancement. Havent tried microdosing yet though, perhaps I'll do it in my next vacation

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - BlueMark - 05-28-2018

Quote: (05-22-2018 05:08 PM)Fender_Bender Wrote:  

Hard to recommend dosing and going out to a bar, you'll probably start thinking about how destructive alcohol is, how sad the guy sitting at the bar by himself drinking liquor is, and how pathetic so many people there are and want to leave.

Unfortunately I feel that way even when I am not on any drugs.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - nola - 05-28-2018

I micro-dosed LSD everyday for PTSD for about a year and my business, working out and overall game was on fire. It also helped a lot with night sweats, nightmares and my temper. I eventually got something called a SGB (stellate ganglion block) and after about 4 shots my symptoms reduced to a very manageable level thus I stopped using the drug.

The reason I opted in to attempting it in the first place is I didn't want to get into all the addictive or brain numbing pharmaceuticals the VA was trying to prescribe me. That shit made it so I was unable to get out of the bed and killed my motivation to do anything to help myself.

I used LSD though because it was difficult to micro dose psilocybin properly and I had a good connect to a guy manufacturing it legally in a university lab for clinical test.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Mikestar - 05-28-2018

Acid is not for the faint hearted. I do see the positives, it can open up new perspectives for looking at everything. However, If you are prone to loneliness, depression, being neurotic and a deep thinker then I think taking it is like playing russian roullette - you can get a mental illness and suffer long term effects. A person I know had an acid flashback 10 years after usage and crashed a car leading to an accident, just one of the bad stories i've heard.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - nola - 05-28-2018

Quote: (05-28-2018 12:19 PM)Mikestar Wrote:  

Acid is not for the faint hearted. I do see the positives, it can open up new perspectives for looking at everything. However, If you are prone to loneliness, depression, being neurotic and a deep thinker then I think taking it is like playing russian roullette - you can get a mental illness and suffer long term effects. A person I know had an acid flashback 10 years after usage and crashed a car leading to an accident, just one of the bad stories i've heard.

No proper and or standardized pharmacological or clinical studies on LSD have been conducted within the last 40 + years. The studies that were conducted were not performed according to modern research standards and did not include controlled conditions or systematic characterization of psychotropic effects.

You're friend might claim it was a LSD flashback but technically there is no clinical way to prove that and we should not base science on individual experiences.

While I can't dispute your opinions you also can't technically defend your opinions and nor can I defend my own.

To your point I'm not advocating anyone going out and self treating themselves with micro dosing LSD for PTSD. I would agree with you that fucking around with such substances could also end badly.

Also as a side note you can control the dosage of LSD better than psilocybin as LSD will be a manufactured and measured concentration as opposed to naturally produced concentration in which case you'd need access to mass spectrometry to know exactly what you're actually ingesting from a dosage standpoint.

Maybe LSD is less forgiving at high doses but I've taken small amounts of shrooms that turned out to be highly concentrated doses. Also I don't really buy you can control one easier than the other when dosed.

Most people who have fucked around with both LSD and psilocybin on a regular basis have stories of having bad and good experiences on both. Also most bad experiences I've heard of either usually had a back story of other drugs involved, bad company and being in a really terrible place in their life as a whole.

I personally think a low dose of either is highly unlikely to have any long-term effect. But I'm not an expert on the matter nor have a PhD in neuroscience.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - the Thing - 05-28-2018

Quote: (05-28-2018 12:19 PM)Mikestar Wrote:  

You can see some disturbing shit and collapse further down into depression yea. But stuff like LSD giving you random acid flashbacks and staying in your spine forever is an urban legend.

Quote: (05-28-2018 03:09 PM)nola Wrote:  

You're friend might claim it was a LSD flashback but technically there is no clinical way to prove that and we should not base science on individual experiences.

It's more likely that he could have remembered something he saw while tripping and got distracted; however this still doesn't make it an LSD flashback as that could have happened with anything.

Also as a side note you can control the dosage of LSD better than psilocybin as LSD will be a manufactured and measured concentration as opposed to naturally produced concentration in which case you'd need access to mass spectrometry to know exactly what you're actually ingesting from a dosage standpoint.

Also true. LSD can easily be volumetric dosed whereas shroom dosage is always a hit and miss.

Most people who have fucked around with both LSD and psilocybin on a regular basis have stories of having bad and good experiences on both. Also most bad experiences I've heard of either usually had a back story of other drugs involved, bad company and being in a really terrible place in their life as a whole.

Try candy flipping for a 100% guaranteed good trip.

I personally think a low dose of either is highly unlikely to have any long-term effect. But I'm not an expert on the matter nor have a PhD in neuroscience.

Me neither. Proceed at your own risk

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - deus_ex - 05-28-2018

These are some interesting viewpoints on psychs, I believe this quote by Alan Watts perfectly captures what I think of the use of psychedelics to improve one's outlook on life:

Quote:Quote:

"If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen."

I can only begin to imagine how many dudes out there go about their day with no clear sense of their life purpose and how to get the most out of life, let alone improve their standards and enhance performance in various activities. So when they find something like this, they get addicted to the possibilities. Why settle for boring gray skies and the same clouds when you could just fry your brain? Sure, there's a large amount of untapped potential when it comes to acid, shrooms, 2C-B or other psychs, but just like any other drug, you must exercise moderation, "get the message" sooner rather than later, and make good use of your new lease on life.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - deus_ex - 05-28-2018

I'm particularly clueless about how LSD would help approach anxiety. If you freak out about talking to strangers, something that makes you feel wired and raises your heart rate as well as blood pressure would be the last thing you need in your system.

I don't claim to be an expert on psychs, but from what I've heard from friends who have tried a tab or two of LSD, it gives you that "one with the universe" sensation at some point, where you develop a love and understanding for everything around you, this huge sense of empathy and acceptance of minor setbacks and failures.

Of course, there's always the chance you have a bad trip, perhaps from loud/negative stimuli from flashing lights or other people around you, then you start having the most vivid and hyper-realistic nightmares of your life, can't imagine that would be too helpful for severe anxiety issues.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Raylan Givens - 05-28-2018

I'll cross post an article I made a thread out of:
Quote:Quote:

Ultimately, empathy is an extremely valuable tool in combat and in life. Fortunately, there’s a supplement that encourages empathy. Psilocybin, the psychotropic molecule in magic mushrooms, causes a loss of feeling for self-concern, and a heightened sense of connection with the environment and your tribe. Scientists call this “ego dissolution,” and realizations made in this state can stay with you long after tripping.1

I first experimented with psilocybin after 13 years of service as a Marine intelligence and reconnaissance officer. I’d been curious about psychedelics for a while so consulted a good friend of mine who had a few trips under his belt. A week later he stopped by my apartment with a ziplock bag full of dried, whole, bluish-gold mushrooms. Inspired by the American Indian “vision quest,” I cruised over to Catalina Island, hiked out to the middle and set up camp on a ridge looking west over the Pacific. It was cold and wet all day but in true vision quest fashion, the clouds cleared just as the sun set on my camp, opening a heavenly window to our galaxy.

After 30 minutes of waiting and 30 minutes of physical discomfort, a common frequency emerged among me and everything around me. I became overwhelmed by a euphoric sense of connectedness. Thoughts and emotions seemed beyond my ability to describe verbally, but to this day I can still reflect on them with relative clarity. It was winter, so aside from the buffalo and a few curious foxes, it was just me out there. Surprisingly I never felt alone. I tuned in to a series of conversations with various aspects of my personality and my mind’s representation of various loved ones, alive and dead. Each voice respected and valued each other’s ideas. The perspective I gained that night was life-changing. It was my first authentic “spiritual” experience.
http://oafnation.com/the-psychedelic-warrior/

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Fender_Bender - 05-29-2018

Some people aren't mentally or physically prepared for the psychedelic experience. As mentioned above, those with history of schizophrenia in the family should not fuck with them (or even weed), and the risk for a bad trip is always there if you aren't in a good place in your life. It's not a cure-all, and the revelations found in your trip very well may shock you with their negativity...as in you might start thinking about all the times you've wronged people in your life, or reflect on how poorly you've been living and treating others/the world. Some people can't handle this sort of introspection during a trip and get stuck in a negative loop. The other wild card is that I find shrooms in particular to be "mischievous" - as in, sometimes it will fuck with you, throw some weird or terrifying fucking thoughts your way that don't necessarily fit the mold of simple positive life advice or epiphany.

I know someone who has literally passed out standing up on shrooms one time, almost seriously injuring themself, and another time while sitting down completely unresponsive after only about 1.5g. There are some people who physiologically for whatever reason do not process the substance well.

If you decide to take the plunge with anything other than small doses (less than 2g) make sure you have someone around who isn't fucked up that can help talk you through any negative loop or keep you from harming yourself or doing something stupid like driving.

Also sexual activities are funnier and generally extremely pleasurable under small doses. Getting your dick sucked while lightly tripping is pretty mindblowing, but I think there's a limit at small doses because beyond that you probably can't get a hard dick - and the coordination requirements and sheer weirdness of full tripped out sex make it unlikely unless both parties are really feeling it.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - godfather dust - 05-29-2018

Until then, try to get an Adderall script. Or a benzodiazepine (Valium if you need something mild and longer acting, or Xanax if you go full panic) for social anxiety. Also Phenibut is OTC and works okay for loosening up. But use sparingly because it acts similar to benzos so once you get hooked, withdrawals are hell.

Terrible advice. These drugs only help while they are in effect, Adderall has a crash and benzos have rebound anxiety. Brief Band-Aids that make the problem worse long term.

If you are doing Adderall might as well do coke, only a bit worse for you and more fun.

If you are doing benzos may as well pop a Roxi or a Vicodin. Benzo withdrawal can kill you through seizures. I've never been hooked on benzos, but any regular use will turn you from anxious to a nervous wreck (speaking from experience.)

Phenibut is also a gaba agonist, similar withdrawal to benzos.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - PUA_Rachacha - 05-30-2018

I've been microdosing since the end of February. Around 10ug of 1P-LSD every fourth day.

I'm not a drug user and haven't smoked pot in about three years. I'm only microdosing to lift the mild depression I had as well as anhedonia.

I definitely feel a little energetic after microdosing, but that's about it. Maybe a tiny bit anxious?

Depression's definitely lifted, music's starting to sound better, I'm enjoying social interactions definitely more. Does it make me crush my job? No, but I'm definitely interested in performing better now, because I can again connect my career to facilitating a better life for myself and my family. With depression you just don't care anymore and don't look forward to anything. Now I look forward to making money to allow me to do the things I want to do. It sounds absurd to a person who's not depressed, but brother, when you're there, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Dulceácido - 05-30-2018

Quote: (05-28-2018 03:28 PM)the Thing Wrote:  

You can see some disturbing shit and collapse further down into depression yea. But stuff like LSD giving you random acid flashbacks and staying in your spine forever is an urban legend.

If you think acid flashbacks are an "Urban Legend," then you obviously did not do acid as a teenager.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - nola - 05-30-2018

Quote: (05-30-2018 09:36 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

If you think acid flashbacks are an "Urban Legend," then you obviously did not do acid as a teenager.

I took a massive dose of LSD back in college and every time I worked out for at least the nest 6 months to maybe a year after I would have random body highs like you would feel on LSD. I also would get chills and cold sweats. Nothing particularly alarming though, was just weird if anything. I actually kinda liked it, but I never took a dose like that again.

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Dulceácido - 05-30-2018

Quote: (05-30-2018 10:50 AM)nola Wrote:  

Quote: (05-30-2018 09:36 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I took a massive dose of LSD back in college and every time I worked out for at least the nest 6 months to maybe a year after I would have random body highs like you would feel on LSD. I also would get chills and cold sweats. Nothing particularly alarming though, was just weird if anything. I actually kinda liked it, but I never took a dose like that again.

Same thing here. Weird body high. I thought someone had spiked my drink, but in the company I was with, fucking impossible. If you said "drugs" to them, they'd assume aspirin.

I'm sitting at the dinner table fucking tripping all the sudden. Not a bad thing, but it was noticeable, to me. I asked my gf if she put something in my drink or she was fucking around or something. She's like, "you're crazy, what's going on with you?"

I rationalized it out and realized I was having a flashback. It was fucking great. But we were out to dinner and I was surrounded by friends--can't imagine what that would've been like if I was working or in an emergency situation...

Psilocybin and Psychedelics as performance enhancers? - Mikestar - 05-30-2018

I experience the exact same thing about once a month. I was in a mosque in Istanbul and heard echoes and it put me into a trip with all the voices sounding like audial hallucinations, I get surreal moments which aren't too worrysome and last maybe 5 minutes. I can't listen to one particular song because it gives me a flashback and I had a bad trip which lasted ages.

Lsd - never, ever again. I only extract the positives but the downsides are not worth it, I had insomnia for a month after. I only touched weed once since and that was 5 months ago. It was so powerful and I wasn't ready plus I am really young, doing it so young was a blessing in a way because I know I will never repeat it. I would rather have my physical body harmed than my mind, experiencing insomnia was the darkest moment of my life, from that moment I determined to keep my mind clear of any substances other than alcohol, caffeine and very occasional weed, experimenting can lead to a pathway of destruction.