Roosh V Forum
Fitness Industry Truths - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Fitness Industry Truths (/thread-67228.html)

Pages: 1 2

Fitness Industry Truths - GyopoPlayboy - 02-14-2018

My personal trainer is quite big in the fitness world, so I met a lot of fitness personalities over the last year, including YouTubers like Christian Guzman, Heidi Somers, Nick Bare, Ben Francis, Conor Murphy and some of the OGs like Rich Piana (RIP) and Jay Cutler etc. A few pro crossfitters as well, Josh Bridges, Ross Edgley. They turn up to events like LA Fit Expo and the Arnold Classics.

Anyway, one of the things my trainer told me in confidence is that pretty much all of them juice. Steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. In every competitive category of any sport, people use them. One of his former clients was an archer, guy abused the shit out of Diazepam.

I'm like, "you mean those things you would have Solid Snake take to steady his aim for a snipe in Metal Gear Solid?" Yes, apparently, one and the same.

But it doesn't stop there. All these YouTubers are selling meal plans and online coaching packages so that millions of hopefuls can one day look like them...and they won't. I mean not unless they also buy the REAL shit that gets them to some ridiculous numbers like 4% bodyfat at 210lbs on a 5'10 frame.

I get it. When sponsorships and money are on the line, people are gonna cheat. But the other day, my friend's little brother (age 16) was like, "man have you seen this guy ross edgley? he does marathons back to back and he's huge and ripped and bla bla bla. i'm gonna buy his book and go to the next convention he shows up to near me." so i had to sit the poor kid down and proceed to slowly but surely crush his whole world over the next 30 minutes.

so what about drug-testing? pretty much all sports have some kind of anti-doping agency keeping tabs yea?

of course, but that's all just for show as well. they are SO easy to get around it's not even funny. As a matter of fact, if you get caught, it'll only be because you're a complete and utter idiot (looking at you Russian Olympic team).

the associations that put on big shows will let competitors know (wink, wink) ahead of time about the testing. look at MuscleMania. I was at one recently in Singapore, this guy they call the Korean hulk was a guest judge but the dude is not a natural bodybuilder by any stretch of the imagination. the event, btw, was billed as an all-natural competition. Not a single competitor there, including the women, were natural. They just knew how to cycle off their steroid regimen in time to maintain the gains but not test positive.

Lance freaking Armstrong was tested more than any other athlete and never once failed a test and even his own former teammates ratted him out for using PEDs at the cost of revealing that they too were users. As the industry saying goes, "there's no such thing as a drug test...only an IQ test."

If you didn't know any of this shit, and you've been in the gym for years eating clean and tracking your macros and wondering why you don't look like these guys, this is why. hope this has helped some of you guys, especially if you've been beating your head against a wall for awhile. talk to a fitness industry veteran who you can trust and who trusts you. gyms make no money...it's gym bros selling tren, deca, prop, cyp, a-50s to one another where the real business model is.

Fitness Industry Truths - britchard - 02-14-2018

Confirms all my suspicions.

All male actors who play the generic muscly superhero role take them as well. '6 week transformation' my left bollock. The only way you are dropping 5-10% BF and gaining muscle simultaneously is by taking juice.

I've never taken any, and never will. Don't care if people do or not, just don't act like a saint and say you don't if you do.

Fitness Industry Truths - seabridge - 02-14-2018

Professional cyclist have always been the scape goats on doping in sports. But don't you think that the Nba, Nfl just looks the other way?

Here you see the transformation of Gareth Bale the football player

Fitness Industry Truths - The Alpha Virgin - 02-14-2018

Loser mentality. Why do you even give a fuck if any of these Christian Guzman types on Youtube or whatever is using juice? Fact is that his physique is far from impossible to achieve naturally with hard training and strict diet.

And the Gareth Bale transformation above isn't anything special. I mean, seriously? The only thing that is significantly bigger really are his arms and shoulders, which isn't even that much bigger. In fact, you should almost have expected a professional athlete to have been even bigger in between the time of the two photos.

Losers can sit butthurt online and complain that these guys use steroids and are fooling everyone but if your body doesn't look like you want it to, it's no one's else but your own fault in the end of the day.

Fitness Industry Truths - Elster - 02-14-2018

I don't think so much he is complaining as rather making a more explanatory datasheet about stuff many of us with some time in fitness do know or have eventually figured out.
There's also the matter of personal genetics and in the case of the pros,having the financing to mantain a support team (physicians,masseurs,dieticians,roid provider.etc)

For people who are newbies,I'd say this is a good post to start getting a feel.

Fitness Industry Truths - seabridge - 02-14-2018

Quote: (02-14-2018 05:24 AM)The Alpha Virgin Wrote:  

Loser mentality. Why do you even give a fuck if any of these Christian Guzman types on Youtube or whatever is using juice? Fact is that his physique is far from impossible to achieve naturally with hard training and strict diet.

And the Gareth Bale transformation above isn't anything special. I mean, seriously? The only thing that is significantly bigger really are his arms and shoulders, which isn't even that much bigger. In fact, you should almost have expected a professional athlete to have been even bigger in between the time of the two photos.

Losers can sit butthurt online and complain that these guys use steroids and are fooling everyone but if your body doesn't look like you want it to, it's no one's else but your own fault in the end of the day.

I don't see any bitching and complaining anywhere? It seems more that you are the butthurt online loser here.

And with Bale, it may be possible, but remember that a major part of their training regimen is running, running, running, and it would seem very diffucult to gain that much muscle in such a short time.

Remember, football is a billion dollar industry. They will fall, roll around and cry just to get a freekick, especially in Real Madrid. Don't you think they also have the morale to put a needle in the but to gain some advantage?

Quote: (02-14-2018 05:24 AM)The Alpha Virgin Wrote:  

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

there's always one.

Quote: (02-14-2018 04:42 AM)britchard Wrote:  

Confirms all my suspicions.

All male actors who play the generic muscly superhero role take them as well. '6 week transformation' my left bollock. The only way you are dropping 5-10% BF and gaining muscle simultaneously is by taking juice.

I've never taken any, and never will. Don't care if people do or not, just don't act like a saint and say you don't if you do.

i personally have nothing against actors who look shredded in movies. i'm mirin.

but this is hugh jackman playing wolverine throughout the years:
[Image: wolverine-Hugh-Jackman-avant-apres-transformation.jpg]

Dude was 45 years old in 2013. But giving him a pass because his medium is very visual, livelihood dependent on how he looks, and because he never tried to sell workout or meal plans as if he was natty.

BUT...

everytime a movie like this drops, you always see shit like this on magazine stands:
[Image: tumblr_mr6g6w4krK1r2tsi5o1_1280.jpg]

i'd say at best, that's just highly disingenuous.

DISCLAIMER: (have to put in this little disclaimer cuz of the minority of morons or unnecessarily overemotional neckbeards here who will do what they can to stir up drama) None of this is meant to dissuade any of you from getting in the gym and pursuing dem gainz!

Just be critical of anything you hear or read, esp in this day and age.

Look back at men at their physical peaks in the 50s before steroids were invented. We talking Steve Reeves and Reg Park...they had fantastic physiques that would get any woman salivating from the lips between their thighs. That's about what the male human body can do on its own.

Fitness Industry Truths - The Alpha Virgin - 02-14-2018

Quote: (02-14-2018 06:37 AM)seabridge Wrote:  

I don't see any bitching and complaining anywhere? It seems more that you are the butthurt online loser here.

And with Bale, it may be possible, but remember that a major part of their training regimen is running, running, running, and it would seem very diffucult to gain that much muscle in such a short time.

Remember, football is a billion dollar industry. They will fall, roll around and cry just to get a freekick, especially in Real Madrid. Don't you think they also have the morale to put a needle in the but to gain some advantage?

I can't see anything new in this thread or revolutionary that no one didn't already know before. Or really?
I think it's pretty obvious for anyone over an IQ over 70 that that steroids are used a lot in the fitness industry and by different gurus. Same with drugs in professional sports, it's probably a lot more used than we'd like to think.

So who cares really. You see so many losers like this Vegan gains guy who spends all his time trying to call out every person in the fitness industry and complain that the person are fooling people and it's their fault that random yuck smuck doesn't have the body they want to have.

And idiots online obviously likes to blame others rather than taking a look at themselves for their own failures. Seen this too many times before.

So I puke when I read lines like this:

Quote: (02-14-2018 03:43 AM)GyopoPlayboy Wrote:  

If you didn't know any of this shit, and you've been in the gym for years eating clean and tracking your macros and wondering why you don't look like these guys, this is why. hope this has helped some of you guys,

Yeah, this is why dude. This is WHY! Finally we have the answers and the hidden truth!

Because it can never be the case that person himself didn't do enough research on how to eat healthy, train right or didn't discipline yourself enough. It's all these other people and liars fault that I still look like a fat slob. I'd like to thank you for finally revealing this!

It's the jews!!!

Quote: (02-14-2018 06:37 AM)britchard Wrote:  

All male actors who play the generic muscly superhero role take them as well.

Yeah, exactly. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

No, most probably a lot of them use drugs, yes. But there are also cases like when Zac Efron went in to that role in the Baywatch movie and people scream "steroids!!!" without even thinking when it's just a completely achievable physique with good training and diet.

But again, people like to rationalize and spend their time talking about irrelevant stuff like this rather than focusing on their own muscle building.

And FYI I've played football professionally myself and even though it can be somewhat harder to put on muscles due to all the cardiovascular training, it's certainly not that much of a trouble for most guys.

I'd say the reason why most footballers are so skinny and some even skinnyfat is because most of them are lazy in the gym and to train their physiques. You'd be surprised at how much mumbo-jumbo gym workouts big teams still do today.
Athletes in team sports are generally far less serious with diet and training than those in individual sports. They can depend on others to cover for them.

Fitness Industry Truths - RexImperator - 02-14-2018

Quote:Quote:

my trainer told me in confidence is that pretty much all of them juice. Steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. In every competitive category of any sport, people use them...

But it doesn't stop there. All these YouTubers are selling meal plans and online coaching packages so that millions of hopefuls can one day look like them...and they won't. I mean not unless they also buy the REAL shit that gets them to some ridiculous numbers like 4% bodyfat at 210lbs on a 5'10 frame.

Yeah Mike Cernovich used to talk about this in his posts here.

Fitness Industry Truths - Steelex - 02-14-2018

Quote: (02-14-2018 07:47 AM)GyopoPlayboy Wrote:  

DISCLAIMER: (have to put in this little disclaimer cuz of the minority of morons or unnecessarily overemotional neckbeards here who will do what they can to stir up drama) None of this is meant to dissuade any of you from getting in the gym and pursuing dem gainz!

Just be critical of anything you hear or read, esp in this day and age.

Look back at men at their physical peaks in the 50s before steroids were invented. We talking Steve Reeves and Reg Park...they had fantastic physiques that would get any woman salivating from the lips between their thighs. That's about what the male human body can do on its own.

Wrong. They used gear too.

Test was first synthesized in the mid 1930s. Dianabol came to be not long after.

Fitness Industry Truths - General Stalin - 02-14-2018

In other news, water is wet.

Did anyone here not think that just about everyone in the upper teirs of fitness and sports we're not using whatever means necessary to be the best they can be?

As for drug testing - I don't know about pro ball-sports but you don't need to pass a drug test to make a YouTube channel, compete in open bodybuilding (ameteur or pro), compete in powerlifting, pro wrestling, or CrossFit. There are some federations that are "drug tested" but those are not as popular and incredibly easy to get around.

The real secret truth is that almost all of you could use gear and you would still look like shit.

Fitness Industry Truths - Nordwand - 02-14-2018

Going back maybe 20 years, Robert Kennedy did a Q & A for his magazine, Musclemag. He was asked if there were any bodybuilding myths that he wished to deconstruct, to which he replied that there was never a golden age of natural bodybuilding, and that steroids had been used right from the start.

Fitness Industry Truths - General Stalin - 02-14-2018

The so called "golden age" of body building was just the 70's and 80's when it was more about physique and less about size. I think some people might have this assumption that there wasn't much or any drug use back then because there were no mass monsters like we see on the stage today - but really it's just that drug technology likely was not as advanced as it is now. Dudes looked more aesthetic on the stage back then because they weren't so freaky. Then the 90's came along and ever since then all the pro bb's have been freaky giants.

Quote: (02-14-2018 05:20 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

The so called "golden age" of body building was just the 70's and 80's when it was more about physique and less about size. I think some people might have this assumption that there wasn't much or any drug use back then because there were no mass monsters like we see on the stage today - but really it's just that drug technology likely was not as advanced as it is now. Dudes looked more aesthetic on the stage back then because they weren't so freaky. Then the 90's came along and ever since then all the pro bb's have been freaky giants.

Trenbolone, GH and Insulin are the key players in the 90's.

Fitness Industry Truths - GyopoPlayboy - 02-15-2018

Quote: (02-14-2018 10:13 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

The real secret truth is that almost all of you could use gear and you would still look like shit.

hahaha

ain't that the goddamn truth

Fitness Industry Truths - Richard Turpin - 02-15-2018

Quote: (02-14-2018 05:14 AM)seabridge Wrote:  

Professional cyclist have always been the scape goats on doping in sports. But don't you think that the Nba, Nfl just looks the other way?

Here you see the transformation of Gareth Bale the football player

Coming from the UK, I've played a lot of football (soccer) both in amateur teams and recreational. Even at amateur level, the sport consists of nothing but two 45 minute sessions of slow jogging, interspersed with medium-paced running and lots and lots of flat-out sprinting in-between. The best players all have muscular, defined legs, defined abs and skinny upper-bodies with minimal body fat. Even though lots of amateur footballers still lift weights and most eat well, none of them look like Gareth Bale in that last picture.

Within the oxymoron that is 'Professional Sport', of course, nearly everyone is now on PED's. You can't not take stuff and still be better than your competitors who all take stuff. For those who take them, its a no-brainer; if you can still run as far and as fast (faster), why not be stronger too?! After all, strength (not bulk) is never a disadvantage in any sport.

Fitness Industry Truths - zatara - 02-15-2018

OP seems to be getting a bit of flak but this is a useful thread, especially for younger posters. I've lost count of the amount of times friends have come to me with X fad celebrity workout - The 300 work out! Get ripped like Wolverine workout! The Batman workout! - that they actually believe will get them looking like the actor/model/instagram celeb in question. So many guys read these fluffpieces, believe it, and then attempt the workout/diet. But a few months later give up when their results are nothing like the juicing celeb in question (obviously).

If more guys were aware of the prevalence of steroids they'd have more realistic goals, which would help them stay committed to working out.

Fitness Industry Truths - bojangles - 02-15-2018

I will say though that those 2 pics of Gareth Bale are a bit silly to use here. One is of him as a teenager, the other is of him now. That alone can explain the difference and professional footballers do spend a lot of the time in the gym.

Fitness Industry Truths - RexImperator - 02-15-2018

To paraphrase what Cernovich has said before, if a guy is benefiting financially from photos with his shirt off (selling supplements, books, etc.) you should be very suspicious, because they are 90% "fake and gay."

That doesn't mean all are, but be suspicious and aware of the massive incentives.

Fitness Industry Truths - Kieran - 02-15-2018

Gareth Bale looks like he's got about 15 inch arms if that. Nothing at all that would make me suspicious.

Fitness Industry Truths - Teedub - 02-15-2018

Quote: (02-15-2018 09:48 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

I will say though that those 2 pics of Gareth Bale are a bit silly to use here. One is of him as a teenager, the other is of him now. That alone can explain the difference and professional footballers do spend a lot of the time in the gym.

Yeah, there's almost a decade in between the pics.

Fitness Industry Truths - ThatGuyFromHawaii - 02-15-2018

I agree with most of the comments above Fitness industry/Professional Sports industry where there is money to be made people will turn to PEDs for any kind of advantage. I remember watching a YouTube video on BMI and using that as a gauge for seeing if that person could be natural or on PEDs interesting stuff but honestly so many people are on PEDs even people that don't look like they are using could still be taking something.