Roosh V Forum
Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices (/thread-66751.html)

Pages: 1 2

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - casa-nostra - 01-15-2018

So I decided to go to mexico this February for 10 days. probably solo (waiting for someone confirmation)

Still hesitate between between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen .

I have heard that Cancun could be a sausage fest (but probably only in Spring break period)
advantage : seems to be many DTF Americans go to Cancun , so gonna be easy for quick sex

However Playa del Carmen seems to be more laid back , probably better ratio. Less party vibe than Cancun.

Which one would be better for someone in the mid 20 just going to get laid ?

Also what do you recommend for staying there :

- Hotels / Hostels : good to meet new people but apprently it is hard to bring girls

- Airbnb : Private room , so easier to bring girls.

If someone hitting the same area same period , PM me.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - scotian - 01-15-2018

Both suck for single guys to be honest, all of those slutty Americans you’re dreaming of will be at the clubs and beaches with friends and hard to isolate and take back to your hotel. Also if you’re staying at a resort, it’ll be difficult (impossible?) to bring a girl back who isn’t staying there.

I spent two weeks in the area a couple of years ago and hooked up with a chica from Merida who I met online in the weeks before. She was unemployed and down to visit playa but I had to go to her city (3 hours away), spend two days there and meet her and her friends to build comfort before she agreed. That would have been impossible for me to do without speaking Spanish.

I spent a few days in Cancun and Isla Mujeres alone and didn’t get any action. An RVF member I know just spent a week in PDC solo and he said it sucked.

What are the others alternatives in Mexico ? Mexico city ?

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - scotian - 01-15-2018

^That would probably be a better option for a notch hunting trip but I’ve never been so can’t say for sure. The thing is with these beach towns is that the tourists are mostly in groups and competition is high. It’s not impossible to get laid but your ROI is much better in the cities.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - Robday - 01-15-2018

Playa del Carmen is much better for someone your age and especially if you are going by yourself. Cancun is very americanized and all the hot girls will be in groups and as Scotian said very hard to isolate. PDC has more laid back beach clubs were you have a better chance at finding single girls. Usually all the hotels are in "Quinta Avenida" basically the street where everything happens so higher chance of getting a girl back to your hotel without her feeling uncomfortable. In fact Quinta Avenida is a decent place to day game.

Quote: (01-15-2018 03:43 PM)scotian Wrote:  

^That would probably be a better option for a notch hunting trip but I’ve never been so can’t say for sure. The thing is with these beach towns is that the tourists are mostly in groups and competition is high. It’s not impossible to get laid but your ROI is much better in the cities.

Agree but beaches cities have the advantage of the nightlife , you can party 7/7. I am going for 10 days so i want to have max chance everyday , mostly by nightgame.

I am not sure that clubs in Mexico city will be busy 7/7

Quote: (01-15-2018 03:49 PM)Robday Wrote:  

Playa del Carmen is much better for someone your age and especially if you are going by yourself. Cancun is very americanized and all the hot girls will be in groups and as Scotian said very hard to isolate. PDC has more laid back beach clubs were you have a better chance at finding single girls. Usually all the hotels are in "Quinta Avenida" basically the street where everything happens so higher chance of getting a girl back to your hotel without her feeling uncomfortable. In fact Quinta Avenida is a decent place to day game.

So PDC is really different from Cancun.

How about Nightlife during weekdays in PDC , specially in this period of the year (junary/February)

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - joecolombia - 01-15-2018

Quote: (01-15-2018 04:03 PM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

How about Nightlife during weekdays in PDC , specially in this period of the year (junary/February)

i just did an updated datasheet for Cancun and PDC. thread-5976-page-6.html

nightlife in PDC is active all week long during this season. Wednesdays are pretty slow but the rest of the days it gets packed.

Arrive early and you´ll get free cover.

Find chicks before going though. Gaming inside is hard due to the music volume and they´re already with people.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - Spidey - 01-15-2018

You're going to have better nightlife in Cancun based on the name alone. That doesn't mean that nothing is going on in Playa. There's always something going on. There's a lot of hostels that have their big nights on Mondays or Tuesdays so you can always go there to at least meet some people and see what they're doing that night.

Cancun is going to be Americans. Playa is going to be a lot more diverse. Cancun is going to be expensive. Playa can be cheap if you look around. And don't forget, they're only an hour apart by bus so if you really hate it in one place you can just hop on the next bus.

Also, don't sleep on Tulum. I didn't make it there but it supposedly has really nice beaches, and is probably worth a day trip at least.

Quote: (01-15-2018 04:12 PM)joecolombia Wrote:  

nightlife in PDC is active all week long during this season. Wednesdays are pretty slow but the rest of the days it gets packed.

Find chicks before going though. Gaming inside is hard due to the music volume and they´re already with people.

Thats why i have asked , is it better to take a room in hostel rather than airbnb , so i can meet girls in hostels.

Or daygame / Beach game is enough to meet girls before going to clubs ?

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - hedonist - 01-15-2018

Hostels can get pretty nasty with bed bugs down there. My buddy got raped by them and lets just say his dick wasn't too appealing to women when it had bites all over it (not including the rest of his body lol)

Last time I went through Cancan the competition was pretty damn high and 90% of the dudes were in great shape. Unless you are in the same shape/have an exotic accent (which isn't that exotic there anymore given its swamped with brits/aussies etc) etc it might not be a walk in the park.

PDC is more chill, I thought it was pretty dead during weeknights when I was there (tinder time) but its great to party on the weekends. Somehow I always turn into a fox on a hens night with the Mexican bridal parties down there....

Back tracking with the weeknight part....mamatas and some of those beach bars could pretty pumping in the late afternoon ...I'm not sure how easy it could be to break into the action solo.

Quote: (01-15-2018 04:16 PM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

Quote: (01-15-2018 04:12 PM)joecolombia Wrote:  

Thats why i have asked , is it better to take a room in hostel rather than airbnb , so i can meet girls in hostels.

Or daygame / Beach game is enough to meet girls before going to clubs ?

Updated datasheet Playa del Carmen / Cancún (2018)

I stayed for about a week in an all included resort, between PDC and Cancún. I listened to most of the advice posted in this thread, however it is a bit outdated.

Here´s the deal, PDC & Cancun are both places were you either come in a small group to party or just to chill in one of the big hotels.

What to do

You have hundreds of things to do. Since I´m colombian, I always compared prices and whynot to see if something is worth my time. Swim with dolphins/seaturtles is around 100-120 USD, depending on the season.

Xcaret, Xplor, Xocimilco are several parks where you can pass the day. Fun I guess... Overpriced. The only thing worth mentioning out of this parks is the huge ass Xenotes you can visit inside, but there are plenty in towns like tulum, much cheaper.

Beaches, of course.
If you stay in a resort, you will have your private beach, however they are not as pretty or filled with that "vibe" as the public ones are. They are mostly stacked with fatass americans with oiled red skin... not fun.

Mamita´s beach in PDC is a safe bet. There, you will have several options to go and eat, drink or just chill. In cancun, playa delfines, langostas o tortuga. You can also go to the beach at the "mirador" that has a beautiful turquoise colored sea and white sand. It gets crowded though. You can also wear a watch (preferably a polar or sport watch to make it believable) and get to the offices of Xplor in cancun. The parking lot goes straight to the beach. turn left as soon as you hit the beach and you will be able to get to 2 RIUS, which are supposedly known for partying bitches. I only saw a few chicks at the pool though.

Logistics

Cancun ain´t worth your time unless you got stacks of cash to burn or you´re just chillin with a chick. Your best choice is PDC. For that reason I would highly suggest you:

If travelling alone, stay in a hostel down 5 avenida. I know, it sounds weird, but that way you will at least find another dude you can go out with to game, or a hot chick if you´re lucky. If you go with a couple of bros, you can rent an airbnb (also close or in la 5 avenida, preferably close to the club area) so you can take the girls home with just a small walk.

Budget

First of all, exchange those USD you´re carrying around. They´re dead weight in PDC since they will give you shitty exchange rates pretty much anywhere (except in wallmart and mega- supermakerts by avenida constituyentes) Bus rides are 25-40 pesos depending on where you´re heading and taxi rides are quite expensive if you get them from the hotel. Outside the station you can bargain, so try that. Take into account that taxis will charge you depending on how many people get in.

Club covers are up to 200 pesos (10 usd) but if you get early, you can enter for free. Coco bongo is about 100usd, but they have coupons online most of the time (55usd more less).

If you want to take home some nice ass tequila, don´t buy it in the airport, nor the "specialized tequila stores" down by the quinta. Go to wallmart or mega. There, you will buy really good tequila for less. Also, there´s a store called "la europea". they have nice deals there.

Nightlife

You basically have 3blocks to party in PDC.

Best clubs are mandala, abolengo, la vaquita and palazzo.

The one I liked the most was abolengo, right next to La vaquita. La vaquita has a stage where most likely paid bitches get on and strip. Music is generally hip hop and reggaeton... boring.

I heard pallazo was good, however i didnt get to go.

dirty martiny is a nice bar next to mandala. They have several activities, but is frequented by older people.

In Cancun, you have also several clubs, they´re all together and much bigger. Don´t go alone.

Game

Game is shit here. Day gaming is hard, and the only chicks that are open to conversation are mexicanas. Mostly canadian, american and argentinian girls around PDC. Good ones are taken. The best you can do is search for a fresa girl for monterrey and pray she´s hot and up to it.

Tinder has decent quality bitches though.

I got beaten up by an ex hockey player the first day (for no apparent reason) so my day gaming was not as good as it could be. Still, it´s hard as hell.

I´d rather game here in Colombia. I dig colombian chicks better. They´re hotter and easier.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - Chavdoctor - 01-15-2018

Listen this is a no brainer..I've been to both. You want action everyday.. Then stay in a budget all inclusive 3-4 star hotel like oasis on the main strip of cancun. Full of girls and easy to meet them at the bar and take them back during the evening or after the club. PDC has a more European feel and is much more laid back for mature couples and families. Volume of girls = better results. Get your ass to cancun and enjoy it. You'll be able to find wings at the bar too.. So you won't feel like a loner. First week of Feb is Canadian spring break... Also similar results to be gained in varadero Cuba (one of the best beaches ever), Jamaica and punta cana (but mainly resort based). There are so many hotels on the 20 km strip in cancun and a bus shuttle which easily gets you the clubs like coco bongo etc. Quality will be variable.. But you seem to want quality more than quality and when you're a bit pissed then why not?! Stop fuckin 'around and book it. It's normally busier in March though. For Europeans like me, the American preppy accent can be annoying so keep the small talk minimal and just start grinding them on the dancefloor... I had awesome results in senor frogs cancun. You can hear yourself think in there just about and it's a laugh with its own character.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - RedPillUK - 01-15-2018

Playa del Carmen is miles better, it's smaller which is a good thing. I agree with joe colombia, a hostel on fifth avenue will put you right in the middle of things surrounded by other people looking to party, some places attract more argentinians and latin americans, some have more europeans or americans. Good place to meet other friends, if that's what you want, and then go to the beaches bars or clubs on fifth avenue for meeting girls. So many hot girls riding around on bikes, on the beach in bikinis, walking down fith. I love it.

Chavdoctor might be into something though. I´ve heard Oasis gets filled with college girls looking for fun. However I went last week to check Grand Riu and Riu something (they´re next to each other) and it was 95% filled with old american sunburned farts. I think it highly depends on the time of the year. Spring break is supposed to be the shit.

If you have the time and cash to spend I would do this i f I were you:

1. reserve hostel down la quinta in PDC, preferably reall close to the clubs block.
2. Check how shit´s popping there. If good, stay there and you´ll save quite a few bucks, if not.
3. Head to Cancun in a bus (40 pesos until a big mall called plaza americas or some shit like that)
4. take bus R1 to go to the hotel zone. (12 pesos)
5. Hop down into Oasis and Riu. Check if there are any cute hoes rambling around. check specially the pool area, they dont go to the beach often.
6.If yes, stay at one of those and game as much as you can.

P.D My senior year trip in high school was to cancun (Oasis). I didnt go because i was a retard but my buds told me it wasnt that big of a deal and most girls staying there were either ugly or hard to game.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - casa-nostra - 01-16-2018

So i have decided to extend my vacations from 1st to 18th (rather than 11th) , hope i will not regret it. So i can see both PDC and Cancun.

Plan is PDC in week ends and Cancun weekdays as nightlife is better . However Still hestitate where can i stay :

- all inclusive Hotels : expensive + hard to have guests
- Hostels : seems the best option to meet new people but scared that it is gonna be dirty with Bed bugs ...
- Air Bnb private room : seems the best option to bring girls without a problem but not the best to meet new people for someone going solo.. in AirBnb website a decent room around 22 Canadian$ which is good (PDC area)

a Freind of mine said , dont have to book before you go , once there do door to door , it is better and probably cheaper.
Also in PDC is it easy to access some Gyms ? i heard the city is walkable.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - Spidey - 01-18-2018

Quote: (01-16-2018 05:24 PM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

So i have decided to extend my vacations from 1st to 18th (rather than 11th) , hope i will not regret it. So i can see both PDC and Cancun.

Plan is PDC in week ends and Cancun weekdays as nightlife is better . However Still hestitate where can i stay :

- Hostels : seems the best option to meet new people but scared that it is gonna be dirty with Bed bugs ...
- Air Bnb private room : seems the best option to bring girls without a problem but not the best to meet new people for someone going solo.. in AirBnb website a decent room around 22 Canadian$ which is good (PDC area)

a Freind of mine said , dont have to book before you go , once there do door to door , it is better and probably cheaper.

Get the AirBnB. Again, a lot of the hostels have bars in them. You don't have to be staying there party there.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - casa-nostra - 01-18-2018

Quote: (01-18-2018 01:52 AM)Spidey Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2018 05:24 PM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

Get the AirBnB. Again, a lot of the hostels have bars in them. You don't have to be staying there party there.

I saw many Airbnb rooms with good price in playa , but do they allow guests ? as it is a private room not a hole appartement

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - casa-nostra - 01-18-2018

in some others threads , i read that PDC is full with horny guys from agrentine , fearless , who approches right and left. I dont give a fuck , but that raise the bitch shield. Made me think to take Cancun alternative.

Also Do anyone know when does the first Spring break in Cancun start ? on internet i saw end of February but had a hope that it could start earlier.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - Chavdoctor - 01-23-2018

Hey man.. Did u book? As I said earlier , Canadian spring break is Feb and USA in march. Yeh if it was me, I'd book a budget all inclusive like oasis in cancun... Towards the evening.. All the girls prefer drink at the all inclusive bar or at the pool bar and get on the bus service from hotel, up the strip to the clubs. So u can just go with them.. If you're really keen on pdc.. I would split my trip so I could spend time in both... But this will work out more expensive. Just make sure u get a guest friendly hotel and pick the larger hotels cos they have more pussy. Even parents let their daughters go for nights out on the buses so it ain't a problem meeting girls. I went on a bus trip to chichen nitza and met some American dude with his 2 daughters, he actually invited me to go to the girls' room and go out with them to the clubs etc lol. It's a chilled place and every one wants to have fun. Stop worrying about other guys and go chase the birds! You'll have a huge advantage being French, cos most of the yanks there have zero game.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - DigitalNomad - 01-23-2018

If it’s soley a trip for notches, and budget isn’t much of an issue, cancun/oasis is the move. Ratio won’t be great, but if you are not Canadian you’ll have a leg up on the Canadian guys. I would probably do PDC personally, way cheaper, more laid back, and you get some cute Argentinians in the mix. Or if you want to switch it up a bit, pop down to Caye Caulker in Belize. More relaxed than both and much cheaper.

Cancun- alpha/club game targeting USA/Canada, expensive

PDC- Mix of game, targeting North and South American, medium priced

CC- relaxed chatting game- lots of Canadians or Aussies on contiki tours, cheapest

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - casa-nostra - 01-23-2018

Quote: (01-23-2018 04:28 AM)Chavdoctor Wrote:  

Hey man.. Did u book? As I said earlier , Canadian spring break is Feb and USA in march. Yeh if it was me, I'd book a budget all inclusive like oasis in cancun... Towards the evening.. All the girls prefer drink at the all inclusive bar or at the pool bar and get on the bus service from hotel, up the strip to the clubs. So u can just go with them.. If you're really keen on pdc.. I would split my trip so I could spend time in both... But this will work out more expensive. Just make sure u get a guest friendly hotel and pick the larger hotels cos they have more pussy. Even parents let their daughters go for nights out on the buses so it ain't a problem meeting girls. I went on a bus trip to chichen nitza and met some American dude with his 2 daughters, he actually invited me to go to the girls' room and go out with them to the clubs etc lol. It's a chilled place and every one wants to have fun. Stop worrying about other guys and go chase the birds! You'll have a huge advantage being French, cos most of the yanks there have zero game.

Thanks man ,

But i see more disadvantages than advantages on all inclusive hotels

1- way more expensive
2- Being Solo in many groups of sociale circles will be hard to deal with
3- And the most important thing , guests are not allowed

Is the Canadian Spring break early Feb ? middle or end ?
i couldnt find any informations on internet about Canadian Spring break

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - scotian - 01-23-2018

All inclusives, in my limited experience are cheaper and better quality than normal hotels, especially if you plan on drinking a lot.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - DigitalNomad - 01-23-2018

The best quality university in Ontario is the 3rd week of February. I’m guessing the general trend is end of feb for spring break in Canada. No guests is a pain for sure, we did manage to bribe security like $10 or $20 last time at Oasis with a couple québécois twins. YMMV. If it’s spring break I’d def do Oasis if you are leaning cancun. If not, get something closer to the bars that isn’t strict with guests and spend your money on the open bar night time parties.

Playa Del Carmen Vs Cancun 1st February Advices - casa-nostra - 01-24-2018

Quote: (01-23-2018 07:43 PM)DigitalNomad Wrote:  

The best quality university in Ontario is the 3rd week of February. I’m guessing the general trend is end of feb for spring break in Canada. No guests is a pain for sure, we did manage to bribe security like $10 or $20 last time at Oasis with a couple québécois twins. YMMV. If it’s spring break I’d def do Oasis if you are leaning cancun. If not, get something closer to the bars that isn’t strict with guests and spend your money on the open bar night time parties.

Couldn't find any informations about Spring break between the 1 and 18th February , so i guess it is not the period of Spring break. Which could be good , because i have heard that Spring break is a total sausage fest.