Roosh V Forum
Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Latan's 3 months cutting results thread (/thread-66409.html)

Pages: 1 2

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 12-27-2017

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to track my cutting results, during the next 3 months.
In order for you to easily see my progression, I'll take a pic each couple of days and place them in a slideshow :
http://www.kizoa.fr/Montage-Video/d16235...ng-results

My goal is to drastically lower my body fat, until my abs clearly show.
I've never had a 6 packs, now is the time.

I've tried multiple times in the past, but each attempt was short lived.
Four reasons to that : lack of planning, goal, result tracking and motivation.
So each couple of days, I'll report in this thread my results.

My strategy is to simply limit my intake to 2K5 Kcal everyday, eating mainly chicken, pork, beaf, vegetables and fruits.
I'm not planning on using any supplement.
I'll continue going to the gym regularly.

Don't hesitate to tell me if I'm doing something wrong, all advices are appreciated.

First Day : December 27th 2017.
Weight : 94,2 Kg (207,2 pounds)
Body Fat : 28,3%
Height : 1,73m (5,7 feet)

Last Day : April 1st 2018.
Weight goal : 77 Kg (170 pounds)
Body Fat goal : 12%

[Image: attachment.jpg38213]   

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Jameson Ranger - 12-27-2017

What carbs are you eating(also consider what sugars you are drinking) and what cardio are you doing? If you haven't gotten as shredded as you want... these are the first two things you need to look at. Also side note... a protein supplement is a great thing even if taken with water.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - heavy - 12-27-2017

Good for you. That's a lofty goal, but do-able. Not so much the weight cut, but going from 28% to 12% will be impressive.

As a person who's had abs my entire life, and I'm not bragging since it's just a god-given thing...they don't make much difference. No one knows except for in the summer when I have my shirt off that I have abs. But I get that having abs as a goal is a good motivating factor to cutting fat.

Also, you need to work your shoulders and chest. That's what people (and you) notice. And that should help you cut your body fat.

I wouldn't worry too much about your caloric intake, just stick to that healthy diet. No sugars or refined carbs. None. Fruit is your occasional snack.

Eat healthy, work out -->> feel better, look better. That should be your lifestyle. What Arnold said, go run a mile a few times a week as fast as you can.

Keep us posted and stick with it.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 12-27-2017

Thanks for your answers.

Quote: (12-27-2017 10:32 AM)Jameson Ranger Wrote:  

What carbs are you eating(also consider what sugars you are drinking) and what cardio are you doing? If you haven't gotten as shredded as you want... these are the first two things you need to look at. Also side note... a protein supplement is a great thing even if taken with water.
Carbs are definitively my weak point.
My problem's that once I beging eating them, I can't stop.
So I'll just stop them, for the time being.

I don't do any cardio.
When I go to the gym, beggining by cardio (even for 20 minutes), lowers my ability to lift for the entire session : I have low stamina and regenerate it slowly.
Maybe I should make pure cardio sessions (?)

Quote: (12-27-2017 10:34 AM)heavy Wrote:  

they don't make much difference. No one knows except for in the summer when I have my shirt off that I have abs. But I get that having abs as a goal is a good motivating factor to cutting fat.
Totally agree with you : abs don't show underneath clothes.
It's just for my self confidence.

Also, you need to work your shoulders and chest. That's what people (and you) notice. And that should help you cut your body fat.
Noted, will do.

No sugars or refined carbs. None. Fruit is your occasional snack.
The very point I'll have to stick to.

Will keep you all posted.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Jameson Ranger - 12-28-2017

You're not gonna get a six pack with carbs and no cardio dude. Especially at that BMI you posted it's not likely. Do your cardio after the lift... Or you can do two workouts a day and put the cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and the lift at night. Biggest thing is diet. Get serious with yourself.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 12-28-2017

Quote: (12-28-2017 02:06 AM)Jameson Ranger Wrote:  

You're not gonna get a six pack with carbs and no cardio dude. Especially at that BMI you posted it's not likely. Do your cardio after the lift... Or you can do two workouts a day and put the cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and the lift at night. Biggest thing is diet. Get serious with yourself.
I've totally stopped carbs from day 1.
If the results aren't fast enough, I'll have to do cardio; just wating to see if it'll be necessary.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - sterling_archer - 12-28-2017

What is the most accurate and cheapest way to measure body fat? I have calipers but I am not 100% sure how much I should pinch, so my results vary.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - roberto - 12-28-2017

A mirror. Take photos as you go. Calipers are pretty accurate at tracking your loss, but not so accurate at giving you the correct figure.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - sterling_archer - 12-28-2017

Obviously, but aside from that, not much?

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 12-28-2017

Quote: (12-28-2017 12:14 PM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

What is the most accurate and cheapest way to measure body fat? I have calipers but I am not 100% sure how much I should pinch, so my results vary.
I bought a diagnostic scale.
It's about 30$, I guess there are cheaper ones.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - roberto - 12-28-2017

Despite the scale giving a digital readout, I believe the consensus is that they are even less accurate than calipers. A dexta (I think) scan is supposed to be the most accurate.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 12-29-2017

Weight : 92.7 Kg
Body Fat : 27.7%

2K5 Kcal a day seems too easy to do, I don't feel any hunger, just a colder body (especially at night).
I'm lowering it to 2K Kcal for now, to see how my body reacts.
Exception for right before I'll go to the gym, I'll eat a sugary yogurt, which from my experience makes a difference in my stamina.
I'll count the yoghurt in the 2K KCal.

Going to the gym.
Have a great day.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 12-30-2017

Weight : 91.5 Kg
Body Fat : 27.3%

2K KCal a day seems to be what I need, for now.
Added a pic in the slideshow.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Bilboswaggins - 12-31-2017

Cutting too low too fast in my opinion, 2500kcal would be fine as a starting point. Assuming you're maintenance is at 14-16 times bodyweight in pounds (used as a starting point estimate by diet experts such as Lyle McDonald), it would be between 2800-3200kcal. Of course, if you're able to stick to you're diet with 2000kcal and not be hungry as hell, keep on doing it.

The 12-week plan would actually take at least 24 weeks. Even with an estimated deficit of 800-1200kcal per day, it comes down to 5600-8400kcal of deficit per week which would translate into 1,6-2,4 pounds of fat loss. So if you would do that consecutively every day, it would take you 15-22 weeks of dieting to get there. And to be honest, it's not fun being in that large of a deficit. 3500kcal is already hard to cut in a week, but 8400kcal is just brutal, independent of how fat you are. Just doing the math to prove that it's a long process and don't lose your hope if you're not quite where you think you should be by the 12-week mark.

Also, there's benefits to having higher calories on training days. You supply nutrients to muscles after training, thus providing nutrients for muscle/strength growth and keeping a deficit on rest days to burn the fat. Assuming you're a relatively new trainee, you can make serious muscle gains this way while cutting.

Have you looked into intermittent fasting? That made a world of difference for me, as I was able to eat 2000kcal and not be hungry while cutting. Weighing everyday is great, but don't let it get to your head. You can see a massive increase or decrease in body weight independent of your calorie intake (eating later than usual, salty foods, more carbs than usual etc.). Use weekly averages rather than days to see progress.

Also, what's with the low carb thing? Yes sure, fat loss can happen with any relatively well thought out calories, but why take it to the extreme? Personally I set my diets up with as much carbs as possible, so my mood/libido/gym performance is high. Carbs have the biggest short-term impact on leptin (a hormone regulating hunger and metabolic adaptations), allowing you to keep the diet up. Anecdotally, cutting to lower than 200g of carbs per day made my diets unbearable.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - treypound - 12-31-2017

Quote: (12-28-2017 02:06 AM)Jameson Ranger Wrote:  

I am in the middle of this right now. I started my serious workout/diet a month ago today, and was at 24% body fat when I began. My goal was to get below 20% in the first 30 days, and below 16% in the next 30. I adjusted those goals after speaking with my trainer as well as a couple guys who mentioned anytime I did strength training, end the workout with at least 15 minutes of cardio. It didn't matter if it was running, jogging, etc. 15 minutes minimum a day, every single day. I made a food diary the first week I started this, writing down what and when I ate. I then took that info back to my trainer who pointed me to where I was going wrong and working against the hard work I put in training.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 01-02-2018

Quote: (12-31-2017 04:07 AM)Bilboswaggins Wrote:  

Cutting too low too fast in my opinion, 2500kcal would be fine as a starting point. [...] Of course, if you're able to stick to you're diet with 2000kcal and not be hungry as hell, keep on doing it.
Strangely, I'm almost never hungry (stomac sensation).
I guess it's because of my actual large fat reserve (?)
I only know I lack food, when I feel weak / fusy or can't sleep.
Should I be preoccupied by this?

The 12-week plan would actually take at least 24 weeks.
Thanks a lot for doing the math, I didn't realise this could take so long.
Will keep it in mind, to keep my motivation up, whatever happens.

Have you looked into intermittent fasting? That made a world of difference for me, as I was able to eat 2000kcal and not be hungry while cutting.
After reading you, I did some quick research.
Funnily, I automatically adopted 2 meals / day, when I set my goal to 2K KCal / day (seemed more practical).
So, I'm actually intermittent fasting, that could be the reason why I'm not hungry and can bare 2K / day without suffering.

Weighing everyday is great, but don't let it get to your head. You can see a massive increase or decrease in body weight independent of your calorie intake (eating later than usual, salty foods, more carbs than usual etc.). Use weekly averages rather than days to see progress.
Totally get what you mean (and agree).
I'm seeing my weight as a curve, which has to go to a general direction, not points which must be lower than some arbitrary values.

Also, what's with the low carb thing? Yes sure, fat loss can happen with any relatively well thought out calories, but why take it to the extreme? Personally I set my diets up with as much carbs as possible, so my mood/libido/gym performance is high. Carbs have the biggest short-term impact on leptin (a hormone regulating hunger and metabolic adaptations), allowing you to keep the diet up. Anecdotally, cutting to lower than 200g of carbs per day made my diets unbearable.
Will keep that in mind, thanks for the advice.

Quote: (12-31-2017 11:10 AM)treypound Wrote:  

I am in the middle of this right now. I started my serious workout/diet a month ago today, and was at 24% body fat when I began. My goal was to get below 20% in the first 30 days, and below 16% in the next 30. I adjusted those goals after speaking with my trainer as well as a couple guys who mentioned anytime I did strength training, end the workout with at least 15 minutes of cardio. It didn't matter if it was running, jogging, etc. 15 minutes minimum a day, every single day.
So, did you reach 20% today?
How is "running 15 minutes a day" going for you?

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Guitarman - 01-02-2018

Quote: (12-27-2017 11:37 AM)Latan Wrote:  

Thanks for your answers.

Quote: (12-27-2017 10:32 AM)Jameson Ranger Wrote:  

Carbs are definitively my weak point.
My problem's that once I beging eating them, I can't stop.
So I'll just stop them, for the time being.

I don't do any cardio.
When I go to the gym, beggining by cardio (even for 20 minutes), lowers my ability to lift for the entire session : I have low stamina and regenerate it slowly.
Maybe I should make pure cardio sessions (?)

they don't make much difference. No one knows except for in the summer when I have my shirt off that I have abs. But I get that having abs as a goal is a good motivating factor to cutting fat.
Totally agree with you : abs don't show underneath clothes.
It's just for my self confidence.

Noted, will do.

No sugars or refined carbs. None. Fruit is your occasional snack.
The very point I'll have to stick to.

Will keep you all posted.

You need to cut the carbs- all of them. OK I put on some weight over Christmas but that was my choice for a week to enjoy the carby food and drink. For the 15 months up to 24th December I have lost over 5 stone, which is about 70lb. you only want to eat 20g of carbs a day and all of that from healthy veggies and nuts.

On 24th dec was at 171lb, very close to your goal and I'm 5 foot 8 1/2 ".

At 52 years of age i did this with no added excercise and no cardio. The keto diet combined with Intermittent fasting and some four day fasts truly is remarkable. I did it eating cheese, bacon and eggs, fry ups, fatty steaks, lamb chops, pork chops with the fat on, butter on all my veg, lard, sausages etc. did I mention cheese?? and nuts and full fat cream. [Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif] (no banannas though!)

I've not been 171 lb since I was 28 years old, I can now fit clothes I last wore in my twenties. And I look younger too on keto, a lot younger. Have decided to shoot for a six pack myself in my fifties, It is definitely possible.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Guitarman - 01-02-2018

(sorry- double posted! )[Image: angry.gif]

I'll use this post to add some extra thoughts;

On the keto/ low carb diet you will not get hungry, you will not lack in energy. You will feel great and provided you take extra electolytes you won't get the keto flu/ (I never got it). I found my fitness increased massively just by doing keto and losing the weight.

Get fully keto and fat adapted first. You can test yourself with the keto strips to ensure you're in ketosis most of the time.

then after a few months introduce fasting into your regimen.

Build up your fast length- start with skipping breakfast, then lunch and go to one meal a day. Then it's time to get serious- 36, then 48 and then four day fasts.

I can now do a four day fast - Sunday night to Thursday night an barely notice it. Just black coffee, salt and ACV water.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 01-03-2018

Thanks for the info on Keto diet.
Will keep it in mind if I don't get fast enough results.

Weight : 91.1 Kg
Body Fat : 27.3%

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 01-04-2018

Weight : 90.3 Kg
Body Fat : 27.0%

The first days were easy, but now I need to focus my intent in my goal to keep on track.
So far so good.

Added a pic in the slideshow.
No visible result there.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 01-09-2018

Weight : 90.0 Kg
Body Fat : 26.8%

I mixted fruits in my intake, this seems to have slowled my fat lost.
Good bye (most) fruits from now on.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 01-11-2018

Weight : 89.2 Kg
Body Fat : 26.4%

Installed an App (Fitatu), to monitor more closely my intake and my daily limits in glucid, fat and protein.
Will be much easier with it.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Latan - 01-18-2018

Weight : 89.6 Kg
Body Fat : 26.5%

I took back weight and fat, which I don't understand.
Going to look deeper into my diet plan, must be something wrong.

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - Veul - 01-19-2018

One suggestion , take your weight once per week always at same time and with Same amount of food (I try to take BF every 4 weeks on a day off with just a coffee drank.
I went from 88kg at mid April to 73,5kg end of October . My height almost the same (1,75 m). First two months weight drop went fast (mostly due to water weight ) dropped to 78 and end of May. Up to that stage was doing keto with 2kcal per day. From May until end of October did 1,6kcal per day . Was not easy , allowed my self to have one drink per week on average but had some holidays in between where I had to be more aggressive to catch up .
No fruits beside avocados. During all this months I only had chicken breast, eggs, salmon, broccoli.and spinach, almond milk whey powder and bacon . Had supplements of omega 3 , Joint pills, zync, magnesium . Trained 6 days a week with half an hour cardio to end each training. Had to stop that lifestyle due to work and holidays put me back at 77 but it's easier to go back if your disciplined.
Good luck and drop the fruits (unless they fit your macros)

Latan's 3 months cutting results thread - sterling_archer - 01-19-2018

Latan, are you weighing yourself every day and calculating weekly average weight?